Thread: Is this true that all Toshiba X505's Have 2 hard drive bays

Is this true that all Toshiba X505's Have 2 hard drive bays

I have the Toshiba X505-888 and I wanted to adjoin a 2nd SDD drive can I append a 2nd drive. I can't discover any information which says it supports 2 drives like the 880 does. I find for this on many sites, but can’t find any idea or any useful information on this. Even I ask this to my technical friends but can’t find any solution for this. At last I just find this forum. Is there anyone here who has any idea or any useful information on this? Please if anyone find than please provide me.

Re: Is this true that all Toshiba X505's Have 2 hard drive bays

I have the q888 and can confirm that it has the appropriate connector on the hard drive bay in second place, but missing mounting bracket. Is a connector and mounting backbit available second drive bay. I just bought the Q887. The Q888s are far, I have mine for $ 1445 and is identical to the Q890, but with only 4 GB of RAM (expandable) and with no SSD (also upgradeable with the purchase of a mounting bracket).

After much debate, finally, is a response to a second compartment. One answer is that he cut off without connector (SATA), and another says he has no support. I have to take in 4 of X505 is (18, 4 "machines) use the same case, and perhaps the same motherboard, with the second compartment. Ultimately, it is pointless to have a car of this size and without the second class compartment, especially when used as a desktop replacement PC never a good idea to have your data in the same drive, your system / software disc.

The support can be ordered from third party suppliers, but not all X505 has the socket of the unit to connect. In this you just find that the socket you have to open in the drive bay and look for yourself. If you take, you can install a second unit, if the power is not there, you cannot install one because the socket is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be added to it. If you have an X505 devoid of the plug for the second album, get a bay eSATA external hard drive to store your backup data.

I tried three other posts to answer this question, speaking with technical support, and three online chats. The question was not answered. I just spent $ 160 more than Q887 last week believing that adding the drive (internal). For the way I use my machines I need the internal memory (not system drive). There is a USB exterior hard drives are my problem. I have 14 USB hard drives, SATA 6 people / Fire Wire and three network drives, HP docking stations with quite a lot of hard drives and several internal port replicators other. If, indeed, the new machine comes without the possibility of adding a second unit will go back to where it came from, and I will re-evaluate my options for HP. I bought the Toshiba build quality compared to 18.4 hp models. If the engine sucks, quality construction means nothing.

If you have a laptop in front of you turn around and look at the bottom. Three panels are bolted to the bottom and the three can be removed without voiding the warranty. The center, a sort of "L" hides the RAM. Virtue includes the touch screen on the primary hard disk. The panel below the keypad for a second hard drive bay. Unscrew it, pop out and look at the edge facing the panel of RAM and see if there are connectors for a second hard disk. If you are lucky, you just buy a bracket to hold the camera, or I've heard of people using plastic washers or strips of cardboard to keep the camera moving in the harbor. If not, send it back and to CS 505 - K 888. I looked at the specifications of K. 887 and 888 K. is the same, but with a 1080p display. It sells for around $ 1450 online and I opened me to confirm that you have connectors for the second unit.