Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505: Upgrade i7 CPU to a fast one

Toshiba Qosmio X505: Upgrade i7 CPU to a fast one

I spent many hours trying to figure out if I can upgrade my CPU i7 fast, and if I can upgrade my graphics card to the GTX 460 in my new Qosmio X505. I tried to contact but wedged Toshiba call system. Please somebody may have previously been able to get in touch with Toshiba please assist me with this. I mean I should be able to update, or you do not see the point in paying the amount I made for a team that will be useless in less than a year!

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505: Upgrade i7 CPU to a fast one

Before attempting to upgrade the graphics card is better to know what is causing the problem of heat on other sages has the same problem and has nothing for their money. Still have not told us which model you have or what you are trying to play games. In the front of the CPU to do research on how ii works with 4 cores and each are multiple threads. When you need you can have all cores working in the same process that quadruples the speed. My main point is do not rush to go to a solution until you understand the problem.

My problem only occurs when playing some graphics-heavy games such as Resident Evil 5 and as my computer shuts down after 10 min. Also try to play some games or emulation of some, such as dolphins and pcsx2 delay and therefore a new graphics card is in need. What happens is that I am expecting to hit two birds with one stone. Work out the heating trouble and get a gamin best know-how of my CPU is not bad, is an i7 however, and is only 1.6 GHz.

Well, let's see, you're obviously trying to do heavy gaming on a laptop. Pieces of high power in a small frame generates lots of heat that doesn't have much place to go. Your best bet would be to get only a gaming desktop. It comes to gaming laptops, but the best that can play the majority games and medium to medium high heat. you are trying to upgrade the CPU, the BIOS is most likely closed for 720 for a number of reasons, one is that the system is designed for heat and power specifications for the 720 fits in, and then with the card GFX, you are trying to change the 250m (I've read that have the q830) to put in 460m, first of all, I think the GPU integrated into the motherboard and not something that can change, and secondly that GPU consumes more energy than your system is designed for.

It is not essentially true, with a small research can make some major hardware upgrades to laptops. I updated the graphics card and the CPU in a few laptops. My X305 has better hardware in it that the faster X305 Toshiba had put jointly, and the similar goes for the X205 I had, and the G55 I'm using to write this, all components have been major improvements to increase performance. Overheating would be a problem only if you upgrade the processor to one that requires more power than the one installed by the factory.

It is true, and I establish that countless of the Toshiba laptops can and has been updated, but as I said in my message appears user looking to upgrade for better gaming performance, the 400 series of graphics cards run warmer draw more than the 250 that will with x505s a year ago. With the same cooling configuration, the system continues to overheat even more. Moreover, if the 250 built into the motherboard that could not simply change. I am very interested in the outcome.