Thread: How to turn On the keyboard backlight of Toshiba Qosmio X505?

How to turn On the keyboard backlight of Toshiba Qosmio X505?

I recently brought Toshiba’s Qosmio X505 laptop with windows Vista installed in it. I taught it won’t be having any issues, but it proved me wrong within a day. I have come across this thing which is annoying. The keyboard backlight is ON just for mere 15 seconds as the default timer is set to that. Does anyone know how to leave keyboard backlight on for all the time? Please help. Suggestions are appreciated.

Re: How to turn On the keyboard backlight of Toshiba Qosmio X505?

I am actually a dell user with Vista installed. I also had these backlight problems. I am not sure whether this will help you but you can give it a shot. Navigate to Start > Settings > buttons > backlights. A dialog box will appear with a message "Enable keyboard backlight auto sensor". Tick it by clicking on the checkbox and close. Restart your system and check. Hope it works, and if it doesn’t then I would suggest you to call the Toshiba customer care for the best solution. Or you can try contacting the nearest Toshiba store to rectify your problem.

You can set the keyboard to stay on all the time. On your Toshiba Qosmio, just navigate to the following: Click Start button on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, followed by clicking at Toshiba. Then click on Utilities. A new window will appear. Select HWSetup and then click on Illumination. Then under "Keyboard Backlight," click the radio button "FN" and check the box "On". Remember to reboot your system once you done with these steps. After restart, you will be able to turn the keyboard on and off by using the shortcut key "FN + Z". Hope it helps you out.

I tried fn+z but was unlucky to get any result of that on my keyboard. I searched for more help on Internet and looked for manual but I am still unable to find an exact answer. And I did not find any trace of HWSetup and illumination thing you mentioned on the above solution. I searched the entire system but unsuccessful. This thing is annoying me now. I have started hating this laptop. Anyone with better solution, please suggest.

You can turn the backlit on the keyboard by hitting Fn+z combination on the keyboard. By what you said I am sure that Toshiba Driver is not installed in your system. That could be the cause of your problem. You need to download the latest Toshiba drivers from the official Toshiba site and install it on your system. Or else you contact the nearest Toshiba service center or the retailer from whom you purchase your laptop and get the latest Toshiba drivers. After installing them, follow the above steps. Your problem will be solved. Enjoy!!!