Thread: Dell Insprion 9400 upside down screen

Dell Insprion 9400 upside down screen

Friends, I am having the dell insprion 9400 laptop and I bought it new last month but today I found some problem with that and so I am posting this over here so that I get some idea from you people that how can I solve this problem. Actually the screen of my laptop goes upside down and I cannot understand that why this is happening to me. I don’t have any idea that how can I take it back to correct place. If you know that how can I solve the problem then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Dell Insprion 9400 upside down screen

Hey, it’s very simple to do that. You will have to use some combination of keys that I am listing below and you will be able to manage that. So here it goes…
    • CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow = 0 degrees rotation
    • CTRL+ ALT+ Left Arrow = Rotate 90 degrees left
    • CTRL+ ALT+ Right Arrow = Rotate 90 degrees right
    • CTRL+ ALT+ Down Arrow = Rotate 180 degrees

I am quite sure that this is going to help you and if that also failed to work in your case then there might be some bigger problem with OS or can be with hardware related.

I am agree with the solution given above and It will definitely going to work for you but if you find that it is not working then there is one more solution to this. You will just have to do a restart on your computer and that will solve the issue for you. After rebooting, all the things will come out on their default status. This can be considered as the alternate method so resolve this problem. If after this also, the issue is not resolved then please let me know about that. I will try to give you some more advance solution.

Thank you so much for such a quick reply on this but I would like to tell you that it is not that simple as it seems. I have already tried the things that you have suggested like the key combination and rebooting but that is not solving the issue for me. It is something which is more advance and need some other solution. So please tell me that what is the problem with it?

OK, if that is nit solving the problem for you then it might be related with some hardware problem with the operating system that you are having installed in your computer and so you are facing that problem. If that is the case then the first thing that you need to try is to repair the computer and see if that can help you. There are very less chances that it will resolve it but then also you can try it once. If that solves the issue then its fine otherwise you will have to do the clean installation of it and that can let you out of the issue.

As you told that you bought it last month then I am quite sure that it is under warranty. So see the warranty card and if that is under warranty then don’t try anything from your side. Just take that back to the dealer and tell them about the problem. If they cannot assist you properly then you can directly contact the manufacturer (DELL) and ask them regarding the problem. They will guide you in right way to resolve the problem.