Thread: How to install OS on Acer Aspire without optical drive

How to install OS on Acer Aspire without optical drive

Since previous night, my Acer Aspire ZG5 is not working. I can just see the blue screen which is having the error message on that. I cannot perform anything on the computer. The error message displayed is as follows.
    stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x89889180, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
    I cannot recognize this message since it is the first time I see this. I tried to open the Task manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del, but that is not also appeared to receive. I have no optical drive on my computer to install the OS on it. If you know how I can fix it, please post that over here. Thanks in advance for reading and responding to this difficulty.

Re: How to install OS on Acer Aspire without optical drive

Have you tried to boot the PC in safe mode? If not, then press the restart button on your computer and keep pressing the F8 key. This will show the screen from which you can choose option for the safe mode. Select it and press Enter. This starts the computer in Safe Mode. If it opens in safe mode, then just go to the restore utility in windows and select the date when it was functioning accurately. Restore the system to that point in time. It will take some time to restore the configuration according to the system. Once completed then reboot the system and can make your system work.

To install the new operating system on your computer and as you said you do not have the DVD / CD, and then you can also use the pen drive. You require to be with a four GB pen drive. You ought to build the pen drive as bootable. You may need to use software called nLite. This will assist you create your Pendrive as bootable. Enter the pen drive on your computer and make it the primary boot device. This will start to boot from the pen drive and you will be able to install that.

Nlite can help to install the operating system, but if you are not equipped to use that then you are having two choices to resolve this. The first is to borrow any external optical drive and connect it to your computer. Install the operating system from it. If that is not possible, then you can remove the hard drive of your computer and connect to any computer that others who work and install the OS from there. Once installed correctly then you can connect that back to your computer.

The most excellent method to acquire the answer to this is to get contact to Acer support and inquire them regarding this subject. They are people who know what the possible reasons are for this and how to resolve that. Do not try anything directly from yourself as it may create more problems with it. This is the most secure way to obtain the solution.

It might be because of the virus attack on your PC. Did you install some antivirus on the PC or not? If you have then you can start your computer to safe mode by hitting the F8 key when you start in the same way then you can scan the whole system with it and clean all infected files. Make sure you are using an updated antivirus. Once the analysis is complete you can then start the computer in normal mode. This is usually started if it was related to the virus.