Thread: XBOX 360 unable to work on a Dell U2311

XBOX 360 unable to work on a Dell U2311

I finally got a new Dell U2311 monitors and I like it very much. Now more recently I got a new XBOX 360 which I was actually thinking to buy from a long time. I then got a Display Port attached to HDMI cable. Once I got the cable I then hanged it up to my XBOX 360 and my monitor. Here the problem started to arise. My new XBOX 360 just did nothing and it just says power saving mode. I don’t know what the problem is. So if anyone knows the solution to this then does get back to me immediately.

Re: XBOX 360 unable to work on a Dell U2311

I think that there must be some problem with the XBOX 360 that you to. As far as I am concerned there is no reason why the XBOX 360 doesn’t work properly with the Dell U2311.So what you need to do is that you just need to check the XBOX 360 whether it’s working properly or not. If not then you just need to replace it with this one. And then I am sure that the new one will work for you as you have wished.

I am happy that someone has raised this issue. I am having the same issue in my XBOX 360. It doesn’t display anything in my Dell U2311 via a HDMI to display port adapter. So is there any way to enable this hardware configuration to work? I thought that I am the only one who is facing with this issue but now found out that there are other people too who are facing this. Please let me know the solution as I am eagerly waiting for it.

I found out a way to this and that is you need the HDMI cable because it's the Display Port to HDMI not HDMI to Display Port. So it’s very necessary to get a proper HDMI cable first. I think that you can just go for a type B HDMI cable which can be very useful to you. This is a special type of cable that can be used to fix this issue. Suppose that if you want to play a XBOX 360 or PS3 on a monitor then you need to have such type cables because they are very helpful.

Thanks a lot for the solution. The XBOX 360 now works on my Dell U2311.I got the same cable that you had mentioned and it did help me to fix this issue. I would say that all those who are suffering from the same issue should get this cable as it is very useful to fix this query. So I would once again like to thank you and appreciate you for your solutions that you have provided me as they helped me a lot.

My dad is having the same problem and I was hoping I could get a little bit more information on the exact solution you found.

So the first part I understood to be important is that the HDMI cable needs to be "type b" (i.e., dual-link). Where I got lost then is what you all exactly purchased...were you able to find an adapter that was HDMI type b on one end and DisplayPort on another? I couldn't find any such adapter online, so a link to anything like that online would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
    Bob

That is hard to find but if you can go Google and then on the left side there are some extra categories. In that click on Shopping. On the search box type HDMI Type B adapter. You can see a list of adapters which can provide you that interface. You have to choose the most appropriate one from that. You can even try contacting the manufacturer of the adapter to get more details on it.