Thread: Nokia E72: Getting network selection menu randomly

Nokia E72: Getting network selection menu randomly

Hi all, I am having the Nokia E72 from previous 8 months. I am having Airtel prepaid SIM card. From previous 15 days, it is showing me message which asks me to choose network connection. It is giving me two choices as below:
    • WiFi
    • GPRS packet data

If I stop that then even after some hours, displays me the similar message over again. I have chosen GPRS as the default precedence 1 and then mechanically connected. Can you tell me what may be the problem with this? I will appreciate each suggestion. Thanks.

Re: Nokia E72: Getting network selection menu randomly

You can try to do the procedure that is mentioned below and see if that is able to solve the issue for you. So here are the steps that you will have to follow.
    1. First of all choose 'tools' from main menu of the E72.
    2. After that choose 'settings' and afterward select the option 'Phone'.
    3. Then you require choosing the 'network mode' as of the 'network' choice.
    4. Then subsequent step is to choose the 'Operator selection' and choose 'automatic'.

I was also having the parallel difficulty previously. It gives me the similar problem when I get out of the email application. I tried a lot of tricks to resolve this but lastly it get resolved by choosing "When to Sync" toward "After notification" in place of "Every hour".
    1. Open the Email.
    2. Open When to Sync.
    3. Open “update interval” settings and choose "After notification" at timer value. This will discontinue irregular inspection of email.
    4. Try this and this can solve the problem.

OK, you can attempt the resolution posted over and if that is not assisting you then you can do the steps below to make out whether this assist you to solve the issue.
    1. First of all run the Email.
    2. Now follow Options->Settings->Mailbox Settings.
    3. Now do to mailbox settings > Advance mailbox settings and open the incoming email settings.
    4. Go to settings meant for "Access point in use" .There you must choose the "User defined" instead of "Ask Always". Now choose access point.

It might be associated to the firmware problem. Have you updated the firmware that your phone is having? If not, then my proposal to you is to update firmware. You can do this by yourself. Just attach your phone to your computer and visit to Nokia site. You'll find complete instructions on upgrading. If you are unsure of this then you can go to any computer store and ask them to repair the firmware update. They will charge something for that, but will do it properly.

If you desire the most excellent answer for this, then you should get in touch with the service provider (Airtel as you talked about). They will inform you the precise difficulty and the suitable method to resolve this. This will be the most excellent alternative for you. I do not believe that it is associated to the firmware anyhow. Anyway, just call and inquire regarding the problem.