Thread: Logitech G700 mouse not detected by Set Point 6.20

Logitech G700 mouse not detected by Set Point 6.20

I just finished installing my new G-700, replacing my third of the G-7, and I had a MX1000 logged in as a backup, when set point 6.20 (SP6) ended the mouse was only able to find my MX1000. The configuration utility runs but SP6 device will not detect the G-700. I disconnected all the mice, except the G-700, but still SP6 shows NO mice. So uninstalled and reinstalled Service Pack 6 after which I lost the whole settings for the device, but still could not detect SP6 G-700. In the Device Manager when I am having the G-700 connected to the load then able to see the G-700 USB receiver and mouse / keyboard. When you disconnect the G-700 USB wireless receiver receiver goes. At no time did any appear in 6.20 SP mouse, the Logitech 5.42.34 "SET POINT" Device Configuration utility works. Why two different versions of Set Point?

Re: Logitech G700 mouse not detected by Set Point 6.20

This may be totally out of place, but there are two icons in the system tray that has puzzled me a bit. You wish to have the logo of the Logitech, not the keyboard / mouse looking for one. That is where the mouse settings and such. Use the "device configuration" program. Logitech G700 might be able to get configured from the program only. Bit Stupid, but that's how it works.

Add to the list this problem as well. I have two Logitech icons on my window pane on the main screen. When I click on the icon of Logitech SetPoint, slogan says could not find any device. The keyboard and mouse icon opens but does not show the form of a mouse. I tried opening the setup of the device in the Logitech software, but it takes the program slogan and states no devices found. The mouse works, but I can not customize the buttons. What it was sold.

I have gone through the whole scenario about which you guys are discussing here. Actually when you install the Setpoint 6.20 then it installs 2 versions out of which one is for standard mouse or keyboards and another one for high tech gaming mouse. According to me you need to first go to the Start button and then go to All Progams and then Logitech, Here you have to choose G9x, G500 and G700 Gaming Mice and then go to Device Settings.

Yes Even I have heard the same about this version of setpoint. I would try it on a USB port on the front and back of the computer and see if it detects there. It is also possible that there is some other software itself that might be stopping the mouse from getting detected, I suggest you to try a clean boot of Windows. Also if you have access to another computer I would try to install there and see if same thing happens.