Thread: Logitech G9x Laser Mouse memory seems to be useless

Logitech G9x Laser Mouse memory seems to be useless

It is not something you just do not know about the Logitech G9x Laser Gaming Mouse. I have contacted support, but the whole conversation ended in complete disaster because no one knew what he was talking, and spent more time checking my mouse type and serial number, than anything else. The mouse has internal memory. According to the description of this memory can store the settings you may have about other computers. Everything works fine until you move the mouse to another PC, or do a complete system reinstallation. When I click on the mouse I am greeted with the following message:

The mouse you are using is not associated with this team. You must associate the mouse with this computer before you can configure. Please note that if the mouse is associated with this equipment, be restored to its default settings and any changes you have made in the mouse is lost. Do you want to associate this with the computer mouse? The options are Yes and No. With Yes, says the message, delete all settings of the mouse. Why the mouse even need to be "associated" (And what is that)? Why not just read the configuration and use them as they are, instead of worrying if you were on this team or not? I really do not see how it is supposed to work or what benefit is the internal memory?

Re: Logitech G9x Laser Mouse memory seems to be useless

Are you taking the steps to burn (integrated Memory Manager Profile Options window) profiles for the mouse? Also, always make sure to click "OK" after making any change of profile in the profile manager ... That is what will discharge profiles in mouse. Oh, and the message that we are seeing is SetPoint trying to associate with the mouse. The reason for doing this is to have a host computer with the mouse can be managed. Help to keep the mouse all the profiles is directly without having to bear the excess data as the profile name in the internal memory. Therefore, choose a core team, create profiles to use in there, make your selections on-board memory with WMO in the SetPoint Profile Options window, then make sure to hit apply when finished.

Some 3-4 years ago when the original G9 was developing, I was told the reason why, but it is a little fuzzy. If I remember correctly, is that the memory address when it comes to profiling to be more efficient, and contextual things only need to refer to the host PC through metadata, instead of taking on board memory to be visible to all versions of the slogan on different computers. There were other reasons too, but it was one that stuck in my head.

I have no problems getting the profiles of "burned" with the mouse. My problem is I do not see why the mouse needs a single computer from which you can control. This kind of kills the idea of ​​traveling with the profiles. I want to configure my mouse wherever you have access to the reference. There is a team only. For me, it makes no sense, since they clearly must have cost more "development time" to create this stupid "association"-thing, that slogan simply let you just read what is currently plugged into the mouse?

Also I have this problem and I really dislike. Every time I take back my mouse back home from college and plug the mouse into a computer "burned" profiles have a clear difference in sensitivity. My sensitivity and the Department of Public Information has gone up - I like the fastest mouse - and when I change the computer mouse feel as slow as a snail in it "burned in" configuration. In this sense, the driver of shaving their mice are much better - just install the driver and ready to go. With logitiech only can adjust the settings of the host computer and when the transition will feel a clear difference at higher settings. Given that this does not affect many users - the majority of people who touch the mouse, literally, the cursor will fly off the screen

The Memory Mouse is a concept Miji Rhoe signed. The idea is to provide a mouse that also acts as a USB key 4GB or 8GB. But the coup is that we must carry around a mouse with you, and the thread quickly becomes annoying, as well as the size of the mouse as well. And also like mice, ergonomic air disaster. There're concepts like this that are simple yet but for which full details are greatly complicate things.