Thread: MSI x340 unable to play HD 720p MKV files

MSI x340 unable to play HD 720p MKV files

Hello friends this is something which I really don’t like when I unable to get certain files to run on my laptop smoothly. The same thing happened last time around, when I tried playing the MKV HD 720p file on my MSI X340 notebook that I was using for many days. I have tried playing the file using the GOM player including the Windows Media Player but then also I was not able to get the file to run, with GOm player I was just getting the audio of the files and with the other one, the file was going unrecognized. So can someone highlight what is the cause of the problem.

Re: MSI x340 unable to play HD 720p MKV files

Dude first of all can you provide us with the details of the mkv file that you are currently having, since the details of the files should absolutely match with the player that you are going to make use of to play the video file. If both of them are not compatible than you will surely not be able to get the file to run smoothly any where. So please provide us the necessary details so that we are able to suggest you the best player.

Have you reinstalled the GOM player that you are utilizing on your system, the reason that why I am asking you to do is that since there could be a possibility that the GOM player might be missing some of the codecs which is why you are not able to get the mkv file to run on your laptop. So what you do is that you should try reinstalling the GOM player and through that you will be able to get the files to run again smoothly. So try this out and then see if you are able to get this thing to utilize normally back again on your MSI laptop.

Hey guys as you have mentioned I have tried out running the same mkv file on my home computer system and I have come to know that the same file works absolutely fine over there with no issue at all using the same GOm player. However when I try to run the file on my MSI X340 I find that the file only runs with the audio. Also here is my specification about the mkv file, so can someone suggest me the best alternative.
    • RUNTIME.......: 3h:03m:13s
    • SIZE.............: 8.34gb
    • VIDEO CODEC...: x264, 2pass, L4.1
    • FRAMERATE.....: 33.976 fps
    • BITRATE.......: Variable ~ 5785 Kbps
    • RESOLUTION....: 1280x692 (1.85:1)
    • AUDIO.........: English DTS @ 1.5 Mbps

Kantaris is somewhat based on the code of VLC and I think that if you have are really not able to get the mkv file to play using the VLC player as well so what I think that you should try playing the same by making use of the Kantaris player. This will surely going to be able to play all the container files including the mkv as well and what I think that you will be also be able to get this thing download freely from the internet. So make use of it as quickly as possible.

The KM Player as I suppose holds the title of "Best Choice" in this category. There are many reasons, but most is its ease of use and installation, their impressive playback capabilities without extra codec packs. Originally only a programmer working on it, but now the project is owned by Pandora TV and continues to develop. If it is still necessary, can be configured to selectively use any codec you've installed yourself. That means you can have total control over what codecs and filters use The KM Player, thus preventing any confusion on the media player You should definitely try this out.