Thread: MSI X340 Sleep mode annoying me

MSI X340 Sleep mode annoying me

Hello friends I have purchased this MSI X340 notebook just few days ago and I have already started having some problem with the laptop. The thing that is annoying me the most is that when I leave the notebook in the sleep mode as I would want to have other work to get completed as well, so from the start menu I choose the sleep mode and instantly the screen will go back normally. Now, this is fine but after a few seconds have been passed suddenly I get the login screen again and the laptop reloads again. Now can someone help me to know that what would be the problem and how should I avoid it.

Re: MSI X340 Sleep mode annoying me

Dude what I think that there could be a problem in the settings of the sleep mode, usually we always set the time interval of each and every mode that is standby, hibernate or sleep. So there could be some changes in the normal settings. You will be able to view the settings through the control panel and from there you will be able to select the options of your choice, so go inside the control panel and then see if you are capable to get the option to work normally.

Dude which operating system are you making use of it on your laptop, along with the bit version, the reason why I am asking use is that usually there is a some difference in the availability of the option in both the Windows xp and Windows 7. I have come to know that the sleep mode option is not available in the control panel if you are making use of the Windows 7 operating system. In windows xp it is there in the control panel but in Windows 7 I think that the option is available inside the BIOS settings, so dude be sure before making the changes.

Dude I am utilizing Windows 7 64 bit version operating system on my MSI X340 notebook and one thing that I have already tried out is the Power option in the control panel to change the option for the sleep mode but of no use as it was not there only. I have even tried it out from the BIOS options as well but still couldn’t find any of it. The sleep mode is really torturing me as whenever I keep the notebook in the sleep mode after sometime it automatically gets restarted. Is calling the engineer only option that is left? Please reply

Hey try flashing your BIOS and see if you are able to get the options available for changing the sleep mode time from there after getting it updated. Also, before it try disabling your network adapters to wake the computer from sleep, as disabling it will never ever get the laptop to restart once it gets into the sleep mode until you do it by your own. So if this thing doesn’t work than the last thing that is left is flashing the BIOS as that will surely rectify the issue.

I have been also facing a similar kind of a problem with the MSI X340 where in the notebook automatically goes inside the Stand by mode even if I keep the notebook without use for few minutes. I have changed the settings in the Power option of the control panel and I have selected the never option for it, but then also I have come to know that it was of no use. I really don’t know that what is causing the problem and how will I be able to get rid of this as each and every time it just goes to the standby mode. Please help!

Now that you have tried out all the option so what I think that there could be a sure shot issue with the notebook itself, the only way that is possible now is that if you are in the guarantee period of the laptop than you must get it replaced it as early as possible before it is too late. Even if you are not in the sophisticated period than you should try to contact the MSI team as well as I think that will surely provide you with the assistance for getting the problem solved.