Thread: Overclocking MSI x340 Subnotebook

Overclocking MSI x340 Subnotebook

Guys I have got this Msi x340 netbook just recently as I have heard from many of my friends that this netbook provides a really very high performance as compared to the other laptops that are available in the market. Now I am getting the performance of the CPu to about 1.6ghz, but I would really love to get to between 1.75-1.9ghz. So can someone help me to know that if I overclock the same netbook then will I be able to get this much of high performance or not please do reply.

Re: Overclocking MSI x340 Subnotebook

Although I haven’t tried it out but I think that you can and will be able to overclock the netbook in order to provide high performance. When we overclock we have to check whether the temperature inside the laptop or the system does not exceeds the normal temperature, because if it does than quite obvious it will cause problem to the internal hardware of the system. But I have come to know that the fan in the MSI X340 was not particularly loud, but was irritated with constant rotation noise, even when the subnotebook had little to do. And that the cooling system inside the laptop is absolutely superb to hold any temperature.

The MSI X340 comes with two very low-power processors, but compared to typical notebook CPUs do not have high enough, also because it is single core. However, they are faster than the Intel Atom processor, which in all netbooks is employed. However, if in the final speed of the CPU, because according to the specifications of MSI will be clocked at 1.3 GHz CPU, according to the Intel website , the processor but clocked at 1.4 GHz. However, the CPU in some ECO-mode, allegedly, to 1.6 GHz I overclock a multiplier of 8x.So I think that it will only remain until that counter because if it move a bit higher than it will cause problem.

Hey I have heard that will not be able to get this notebook overclock in order to increase the performance of the laptop as the internal hardware of the laptop is not at all capable to handle the rise in the temperature of the latptop.The ECO-programmed modes are also bad because the overclocking in the office and presentation mode is activated, but not in gaming or high-speed mode.They have looked into more detail and have come to the following conclusion: in fact it is so that the CPU is not over, but is underclocked, but the parameters are displayed incorrectly and are therefore interpreted by CPU-Z incorrectly.

Hey friends I have got two laptops with me that is the MSI X340 and an Acer 3810T both of them are having SU3500, and same Northbridge. With the Acer I can reach about to 1750mhz and with a stable condition. But with the MSI I can get 1610mhz. Beyond this if we try to increase the MSI becomes really unstable so according to me there is of no use getting this thing to overclocked as the netbook is not built to run in such a high overcloking state.

What I have found out about the MSI netbook is that it has got DDR2 memory slot that is it has got RAM based on the DDR2 configuration, now what I think that since the Acer that has got the DDR3 memory it is capable to handle even beyond the normal state. As compared to the DDR2 in the MSI, pushing it beyond 160Mhz will surely going t5o cause a great deal of damage with the system so I think this is the place where the MSI lacks and should get improve.