Thread: System crashes while playing on MSI laptop

System crashes while playing on MSI laptop

Hello I am using MSI Hawk- AMD HD R5770. I am a gamer and I am playing different games on my system and when I playing games it crashes and I get the black-grey screen. But when I adjust downclock from 875 to 775 it works without any problem. My system temperature is idol it set on 38. And while playing it went to 62 maximum but not above that. I am using Intel core 2 duo e6850 3.00 GHz with 4 GB 800 MHz ram. I am using PSU thermaltake 500 with mobo msi p45 ct51.i don’t know what the exactly problem with it please help me out to solve this problem.

Re: System crashes while playing on MSI laptop

Hello please make a following changes in your system settings I hope it will help you to solve your problem. First remove your graphic card driver from your system and run driver sweeper after that reboot your system and install drivers with new version from AMD’s websites. Also follow the MSI websites for new drivers for your system. Now test the new graphic card with MSI Kombustor. And also test with batter power supply. Also check your card in any other system. From these steps you will come to know where the problem actually located is, it’s in your system or in your graphic card. Does this problem occur with all games?

Hi thank you for your quick response on my query. It’s not happen with all games but it happen with some games like stalker cop with dx11, lotro d11, crysis, far cry etc. I uninstalled all drivers and use this driver sweeper already but still this same problem occurs. I also follow the Kombuster stability test using opengl2.0 it shows me temperature 62c and with 3.2 its shows me 64.even I tried my graphic card on another system but still same problem. And please can you tell me how driver sweeper runs?

A filter driver that helps cleans all the files. This will help you to remove the remaining files on startup (if not eliminate). The official uninstaller (s) of the driver (s) you want to uninstall. Restart the PC in safe mode. Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean. Analyze the list of all possible inputs to eliminate cleaning removes the selected entries. More drivers will be selected for the cleaning process itself. I hope it will help you to understand about driver sweeper.

Hi, please let me know for how long time you run kombustor? By using this did you got any error or warning message. Did you try this with different drivers? Is all other drivers work on your system? Did you try your driver with other system? If the same thing happens then there might be problem with your graphic card. If you checked with all this thing then check you’re these drivers with another well mannered driver. And please use single +12V power supply. May be sometime power supply also create problem for system crashes.

Hello, according to your information I follow all your steps. I tried my driver on other system and it works fine on other system without any error. And even I checked other driver on my system but this same problem occurs with that driver also. So after that I used a 4 pin and6 pin for PCI and now it’s working without any problem or system crashes. But after that when I got USB HD and when I connect that with my system then it won’t startup. So I think it’s a problem of power supply. Thank you for your help.