Thread: MSI x340 video memory

MSI x340 video memory

Hi all, I am having the MSI x340 along with the 723 1.2GHz intel and 320 GB hard drive. I just wanted to know that if there is some way by which I will be able to give over 128 MB of ram intended for intel 4500hd graphics as of BIOS. I am only able to give 128 MB of RAM to it. Can you tell me, if there is any way to do that? I am not able to do that. I will appreciate each and every reply on this topic. Thank you.

Re: MSI x340 video memory

The limits are within the bios and therefore you would need new and custom bios to permit extra than what MSI has determined is suitable. My question although is why you would need added than 128mb? Usually this is done to give memory for additional textures designed for 3-d applications as well as games. Given processor installed with the chipset of the machine. It's not likely you will observe much if some development in video otherwise system performance; rather you will only be taking added memory away from additional uses. If you are wishing to bump up general system performance you may think installing the SSD as well as install Windows 7 (if that are not installed). or else there is not so many choice left moreover weeding out pre-installed crapware, immobilizing not needed system and application services, making certain drivers are existing as well as patches fixes are installed for OS as well as added software.

I am also having the similar MSI X340 specs as well as video memory and I believe that it should not be the issue with it because it is taking the memory from the RAM. I am having the Windows 7 operating system installed in my computer and my RAM is upgraded to 4GB and I can see that the memory went to 1293MB as of DirectX Diagnostic tool. I hope that this is going to help you in any manner. Please reply beck.

I would like to ask that if you have upgraded the memory by yourself? Is it very difficult to open the notebook? I saw that MSI has written that, if we open that then we will lose the warranty for that. So I don’t think that this will be safe to open that on our self. If you want then you can make a contact with the MSI support and ask them for the same and see what they are saying regarding this?

I like to inform you that you will not lose your warranty anymore if you have not damaged anything in your notebook. So you can do it for sure but make sure that you have good knowledge for it that how can it be done and what is the safest method to do that. Other than this, you can also see to the manual and see if you can get some idea from there or not. According to MSI support warranty is not stated by the sticker, therefore removing it will not invalid the warranty. I was also told that newer MSI computers shipped in North America will no longer have those stickers.