Thread: Dell xps 15 laptop getting overheated

Dell xps 15 laptop getting overheated

Hi all, I am having Dell Dell xps 15 laptop. I installed SpeedFan but when I test the temperature of that then I get the temperature was around 80 degrees. And this is the temperature when it was running at rest. I did a trick of a number of cooling from the Internet, but then also reduced to 58 degrees. But I think it is very high. Is this normal temperature for Dell motherboard or is it a problem? If this is a problem, please inform me the method to solve it. I'll be grateful for every response.

Re: Dell xps 15 laptop getting overheated

The temperature that you are getting is normal through the Dell laptop. I am also having similar laptop that is giving me the corresponding temperature as in your case. There are many of my friends with the same laptop and are experiencing similar, so I do not think this is a problem, but Dell must give interest in solving this. And related to this I am sure that they will very soon come with the solution for this matter.

I think you should try any cooling system to reduce the temperature of your laptops. If you are going through the overheating problems then this may also have an effect on your system hardware. Be better for you to try any other cooling pad for your laptop. At present there are several on the market and you can select according to your plan. I have no doubt that this will reduce the temperature of the system to a great extend.

After reading the query which you have given over here according to me I think that you have to upgrade your BIOS. I say this for the simple reason that if you agree, this will increase the fan speed and easier to lower the temperature for the system. I did the same and decreases the temperature of the laptop as 70 degree to 55 which is a great opportunity. You should also try this and hopefully this will do the same for you.

Their energy supplier could be causing this problem. If it is powered from what is predicted by the motherboard then you can generate discomfort similar to overheating. This could also be the reason for the crash problems as the motherboard disk otherwise. So I suggest to you that to ensure that the system with a number of other power providers, and if that works well with those then you can alter the power supplier through the new. It is quite settle the matter if it is associated with power supplier.

Here I just want to thank you very much for all you guys just for your responses. And in this I have tried many of things just to fix my issue but in the last I get not any successful solution. and I accepted the fact that it is the default temperature for almost all Dell notebooks. Now I bought a cooling pad for my laptop and is working for me. It has reduced the temperature of the same and now I can work on the laptop without a problem, but Dell should pay attention to this problem. Anyway thanks again for your responses.