Thread: In Nokia n900 display goes completely black

In Nokia n900 display goes completely black

I purchased a new Nokia phone N900 and I bought this around 2 days ago. It was functioning very well yesterday, but I do not know what is occurred in to this. I changed it to insert the memory card in it and after insertion, when I tried to start the phone again, I was not able to get succeed in this . Only vibrates once and then that shows me the black screen only. I tried to do this many times but every time it shows me the same thing. Please tell me how I can fix this problem.

Re: In Nokia n900 display goes completely black

Like you said the problem began when the memory card inserted in to the phone, then it is very simple that the trouble is generated with the memory card and not any issue along with the phone. So it is easy to remove the phone's memory card and see if it's functioning or not. If it is working, then you are sure the difficulty is with the memory card. Do not insert the card to your phone. You are able to try formatting the card through the computer and then you insert it back into your phone. If this resolves the trouble, it is good otherwise you will have to change the memory card.

You can try the soft reset on the phone and you just check this that whether this resolves the problem or not. But as you said you cannot turn on the phone, you cannot do that. The only choice for you is to do the hard reset but keep in mind that this will erase all data from your phone to do a backup before doing so. This selection will restore the real operating system ROM. It will format the C: partition and delete all the data. So to format that the Key to this code is * # 7370 #. Write this on your phone and start the process. You can also press * + 3 + green button together and power up the phone and start the process.

Actually if you are not getting any solution even after removing you r memory card so related to this I think that the problem may be along with the firmware of your device. And it is damaged. And this issue can create many other complicated issues. So in this if you install the most recent driver so I think that your all issue get automatically resolved. And it will fix your issue which you are recently facing.

Like you said that you have purchased this around two days ago and if you find any issue with this, then why are looking for the solution. All you need to go back to the dealer from where you take this phone. Tell them the problem and see if they can help or not. If you think you can not do anything, then you can simply take the phone to Nokia care, along with the invoice and warranty card. I'm sure you'll get the solution from there.

Thank you all for responding to this. I did the hard reset on my phone as you guys have suggested before and after that it resolves the problem. I inserted the card again but this time it did not show any problems. This is very strange why this creates a problem before. So all other users who are looking for similar problem can do the same and I'm pretty sure this will do the same for you as I have personal experience of this solution.

I wanted to update the time and date of my n900 as i click on the ok my phone just got blank but wat i noticed was dat the battery was hot and i'm confused. It's been a while i ve updated the date and the time pls any suggestion to fix this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Opemac View Post
    I wanted to update the time and date of my n900 as i click on the ok my phone just got blank but wat i noticed was dat the battery was hot and i'm confused. It's been a while i ve updated the date and the time pls any suggestion to fix this up?
    Are you getting the blank screen only when you are trying to update the time and date ?? or it happens frequently as well? have you tried out doing a hard reset?

Dat ll be the first time cos it have nt happened before. Wen i on it, i ll only hear the nokia tone but no display of nokia logo. Weneva i on it i wont see anytin i ll only hear the nokia tone and notin ll display on the screen it ll just be blank.

Dat ll be the first time cos it have nt happen like that before. Weneva i on it i wont see anytin i ll only hear the nokia tone and notin ll display on the screen it ll just be blank.
    Have you tried out turning on the phone without the memory card?? or have you tried out this solution that has been mentioned by one of the above user??
    This selection will restore the real operating system ROM. It will format the C: partition and delete all the data. So to format that the Key to this code is * # 7370 #. Write this on your phone and start the process. You can also press * + 3 + green button together and power up the phone and start the process.
    If they are not helping you out then there are possibilities that there might be some kind of hardware issue in the phone and you will have to visit the service center for the same, just try out the workarounds that i have mentioned and then post back the result that you get for them.

I ve took my N900 to repair center and they told me dat the display ic has burn dat i need to change it and i took it to another engineer he told me dat it is the hardware. Can hardware make the phone got blank cos i'm confused pls guys i need ur advise. Tnx

I ve took my N900 to repair center and they told me dat the display ic has burn dat i need to change it and i took it to another engineer he told me dat it is the hardware. Can hardware make the phone got blank cos i'm confused pls guys i need ur advise. Tnx
    Yes they can if there is something wrong with the ic and some other display hardware. so what have yo planned.

The phone displayed for about 2 minute and got blank again but it's workin the only problem now is the blank screen pls any help i ve take it to another engineer he told me that the flex has condemn and it changed it but all is the same

The phone displayed for about 2 minute and got blank again but it's workin the only problem now is the blank screen pls any help i ve take it to another engineer he told me that the flex has condemn and it changed it but all is the same
    Sounds to me that the display hardware is damaged or either the phone itself. Is it under warranty, cause if it is so then you can simply replace it with another working phone directly by sending it to nokia service center. Replacing the display hardware is very costly but if you want to give it a try then do so.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's