Thread: Unable to get Sound whatsoever after installing Windows 7 to Dell Inspiron 1420

Unable to get Sound whatsoever after installing Windows 7 to Dell Inspiron 1420

At this time I am making use of the Dell Inspiron 1420 which is around a year old. And I like gui of windows 7. So I have installed this operating system on to my Dell laptop. And after installing this all the things are working properly except, my sound. I have checked the mixer, made sure it was on and all the way up, made sure all volume levels were up. Nothing is muted. And also check the seting and they are set to default. I have no idea what is wrong in this. So please help me.

Re: Unable to get Sound whatsoever after installing Windows 7 to Dell Inspiron 1420

After reading the question which you have given over here like it was working properly before installing the windows 7 but after installing this some kind of issues raised in it regarding the sound. And I am sure it is happening because of the driver issues. Since you just run a few hours Windows Update to check for optional controllers available? [And there you have to tick the Start box and type Windows Update in the search window, then tick Windows Update. You may require to click Check for Updates] If the above does not work, so just uninstall the driver from Device Manager and observe if Windows gets an updated driver for you or not, sometimes this works if you did an upgrade. Finally you can try to manually install the Vista driver sometimes it works and for that you have to click here.

Re: Unable to get Sound whatsoever after installing Windows 7 to Dell Inspiron 1420

Have you try to run the audio troubleshooter? Over there you have to Click the banner Action Center Taskbar and select "Fix a problem, and after that select the sound hardware and after this you have to tick on to the Troubleshoot audio playback. And if you are not able to set this so just check this video. And for that video you have to click here. I am sure that after watching this video you will be able to get fix for your issue.

Here are some simple steps which will help you to fix your issue:
    First you confirm that your computer actually has a sound card, or sound processor, and it's functioning correctly. You have to log in as an administrator just to perform these steps.
    1. Click on start button to open Device Manager, after this you have to tick on to the Control Panel, then on to the System and Security, and then, under System, and in last click on to the Device Manager. If you get message to enter password so just provide it.
    2. Click on to the Sound for two times, video and game controllers to expand that category. If a sound card is listed then you will come to know that it is installed on to your system. If no sound card is listed, then it means that it is not properly installed on to the machine. If you must have a sound card installed, you must install one.

In this if you are getting crackling or distorted sound so you just confirm that your speakers are correctly connected to your PC.

1. Many teams have three or more connectors that plug into a sound card. The speakers should be connected to the outlet line. If you are hesitant regarding to this, I mean trying to connect the speakers to each of the outlets to see if any of them produce sound.
    2. In some cases, can solve the problem by disabling optional speaker effects that are known as improvements. If disabling speaker effects resolve the problem, you may need to update the audio driver.
    3. If these steps do not resolve the problem, see the information that came with your computer or speakers, or visit the manufacturer's website.

You must find and install a well-matched driver just to recognize your sound card. Most sound cards and sound processors require driver software to work correctly. So just follow it:
    • Use Windows Update. You may need to configure Windows Update to automatically download and install recommended updates.
    • Install the device manufacturer's software. For example, if the device comes with a disc, that disc may contain software that installs a device driver.
    • Download and install the same driver. You can find a driver on the manufacturer's website. Try this if Windows Update cannot find a driver for your device and the device does not come with software that installs a driver.