Thread: An error is occurring in the internet connection for the MSI U100 Wind Notebook

An error is occurring in the internet connection for the MSI U100 Wind Notebook

Hello there, I had recently purchased an MSI U100 Wind Notebook , and I was very happy with all the features and the performance issue of this netbook. I was so confident about the performance issue that I went to install the xubuntu 8.10 in it and removed the default windows xp that was present in it, the installation in the netbook went fine as I was expecting to go, but the problem occurred when I started connecting the internet to the netbook through the wireless mode, as it was not supporting the driver which was present in it, I tried various other method to get the proper driver for it but it did not helped me, so my question is would I have to go back to the windows xp operating system? I would still like to be using the Xubuntu operating system can anyone help me in this.

Re: An error is occurring in the internet connection for the MSI U100 Wind Notebook

Hey can you tell me what kind of the wireless module is been installed in the netbook, if you do not know the exact value then you can check that following thin in the base of the wind that is been provided, there are two type of the module that are present for the wireless module or the card that are present, if your card value is been RTL8101 then it should not have any problem in it, but if your card value is RTL8187 then you have to go to the website to download the other driver that are present in, this is been happening due to the improper driver that are been provided to you.

Re: An error is occurring in the internet connection for the MSI U100 Wind Notebook

did you tried changing the card to ralink card this is to be done in such a way that it will help you in getting all the information from the internet also the driver which is the latest version is also present in the internet for free, so try to install that and see what is the answer that is been provided to you, also there are many people that lead themselves in the misconception that realtek and ralink card are same, but this is not the same card they posses different specialization and the configuration that are been described in various format.

Since all the driver that you had connected in the netbook, shows that it is not able to connect to the internet through the wireless connectivity, you can try to use Jaunty9.04, this is one of the drivers that is been used for the Wlan and also for the realtek, I downloaded the live cd usb stick which is free and it is been present in the internet in a simple way. After I booted the downloaded live cd from the internet, it started working fine and all the connection was being stable for a long time. Hope this work for you and it will clear the problem that you are facing.

You can also go with Google ndiswrapper; this will help you in coming out of the entire problem that you were facing. The main concept of this working is simple it convert all the windows driver specification in such a way that it is placed in the Xubuntu specification that are required for it. The problem that you were facing was due to the compatibility issues that were coming after you had removed the windows xo operating system, so this will help you in removing the issue that were present in it. Once if you see that the driver is been helping in the stability of the internet connection then it will also help in the upgrading of the software and the operating system, so just check in the continuous up gradation of the drivers in it.