Thread: Transfer 3G Data plan from iPad to iPad2

Transfer 3G Data plan from iPad to iPad2

I have the current IPAD and I'm thinking of buying the IPAD 2 in this month or next month. I have 3G/WI-Fi model and will, but the same in the device. How again I will be able to transfer the AT & T 3G service from the old to new? I called Apple Support a few days ago, but the guy I spoke with did not know the answer might yet. I shifted the SIM card, I guess. IPAD I'll sell my old, so I want to be sure the SIM card is clean.

Re: Transfer 3G Data plan from iPad to iPad2

Currently I have the Gen1 IPAD service and got the 3G data plan. I initially got my IPAD when it first came out and unlimited 3G data plan was available. I insured under this plan and wanted to know when I get the iPad2'll be able to transfer data iPad2 plan? I am search for any kind of answer on this because I have made a challenge with my friend that it is possible to transfer but he is not ready to understand that it is possible I know it is possible but don’t know how to do it. So please help me to win this challenge.

Yes, I was one of the first to jump on the bandwagon of IPAD when the unlimited data plan was available. I'm sure to get an iPad 2 (for me, this has become my must-have device, even more than the iPhone, or even my MBP somehow). I'm afraid I'll be SOL when iPad2 ships. Believe me, I can run through the stop data plans within days (many of intensive projects Slingbox-ing data and other patterns of what I needed). Any idea if it will be able to transfer my data plan for the new model? If not, my only hope is that other Verizon will have the new model from the jump, and have the same unlimited data plans for the iPad rumored to be offering for your iPhone.

"Many users using IPAD 3G may want to shift their existing plan to the new IPAD 2. You can just wait for some time to cancel your existing plan. You could get everything transferred over the first day of AT & T gave us a step by step guide on how to do this: First Find the number of original mobile data IPAD and the IMEI number. These can be found in the setup application. Just go to "General" and then "About." Here are the two numbers. Your International Mobile Equipment Identity number is what AT & T used to identify the SIM card. Then Call on this number 1-800-331-0500. After calling, AT & T knows you would like to move your data plan from your old to the new IPAD. After that AT & T asked the IPAD two International Mobile Equipment Identity number, and relocate your plan along the IPAD again. The spokesperson also let us knows that once the relocate is complete you can join a new plan in the original IPAD if desired. "