Thread: Unable to use imovie application for ipad 2

Unable to use imovie application for ipad 2

Hi two days before my husband gifts me new ipad 2.i am currently using Kodak zi8 high definition camcorder. Now I would like to download the video recording to use on the new imovie application for my new ipad 2.now I want to know that can I convert files to use on ipad 2. Can I do this? Can anyone tell me how you can do this? Is there any way to do this? And I want to know that if I convert that through my laptop, how would I then get it to ipad? And where would it to save in it? I am waiting for your replies. Please help with your ideas and knowledge. Thank you.

re: Unable to use imovie application for ipad 2

Hi I think you are correct. You require some great effort to transfer imovie file from Kodak and flip cameras. You will find solution with VLC and handBrake. After converted to the device you can edit and create imovie. I am not using ipad 2. But I am telling this information on the basis of my iphone 4. I used newest imovie application on my iphone 4. And this is a universal application for ipad 2 and iphone 4. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem. Thank you.

You can use the application kit for this ipad 2. These kits include two connectors. This interface use different connectors for these applications. You use the camera connector has a USB interface. You plug this into the dock connector port on the IPAD and then connect your digital camera with a USB cable. But the iPhone 3G is not compatible with this application. Then use the SD card reader to take photos and videos directly from the camera's SD card. Then connect this to your IPAD, and card insert your digital camera SD slot. After creating the connection, the without human intervention, IPAD open the photo application that allows you to choose which photos and videos you want to import. After that, organize them in albums. IPAD to synchronize your Mac or PC, pictures and videos on the IPAD is added to the collection of photos from your computer.

Hi, you have to import iTunes by selecting a movie file and then add this movie file into a library. When you are connecting your device the files should appear in your movie selection options. I am not sure that you can run higher res file with I pad 2 without converting them to other application. If this higher res file won’t work directly then imovie for the ipad may be able to look towards this problem. if this will work its very useful to use in trips. You can take video and put then onto your ipad and then open that with imovie and edit it easily at that location only. For that no need to go back to home and again face with this problem.

Hi I hope this information will help you to solve your problem. You can use ipad camera connection toolkit. By using ipad 1 all videos are imported easily but you can import only that video which is shot in WVGA with the resolution of 848 x 480 and with 30 frames per second (fps).and you can play this video only. If you want to play any other high resolution video then first you have to add this video in your computer by using ipad or camera. And then covert them and add back them into ipad. I don’t think so resolution is the main problem but may be format is not correct.

Re: Unable to use imovie application for ipad 2

The IPAD camera connection kit provides two ways to introduce pictures and videos from a digital camera, using the camera's USB cable or directly from an SD card. IPAD and Camera connection Kit support for ordinary photo formats, together with JPEG and RAW, as well as SD and HD video, including H.264 and MPEG-4. If you able to find a camera connection kit for your IPAD, you can place all imovie directly on your IPAD. ipad helps to convert all videos into imovie by using this kit. If its works, then no need to use computer to convert video into imovie format. You can directly do this on ipad.