Thread: Multi user account on Apple Ipad 2

Multi user account on Apple Ipad 2

I am about to buy an new Apple iPad 2 but before that I want to know few things about this tablet pc. First of all, I don't have any personal computer system so this would be almost like computer for saving stuffs on it and surfing through an internet. Now it but obvious that even my son is going to use this tablet pc for little bit of gaming on it. But I wish that it must be possible to have multiple user accounts on iPad. Can somebody give me information about this ?

Re: Multi user account on Apple Ipad 2

Apple iPad 2 is such a device that does not include multi user account creation due to which you won't be able to open more then one user account on it. You cannot even say that it is full computer system as it is perfect portable device that can be your entertaining device along with an internet connection. But when it comes to the hardware support then you won't be able to use any kind of hardwares on it. More then that it won't let you run heavy loaded softwares due to lack of hardware support. Best usage of iPad is to read ebooks, social networking websites, emailing, music and videos, sometime gaming...

I doubt it. I suspect there will be many limitations with the device and as you are with an ultimatum, not supposed to complain, but simply say 'not for me' and move on. No encryption and no control of media content, rather than several, I think third is working multitasking. Let's see when it comes out, but if you think of it as an ipod touch, only bigger, you'll see what the market is the goal (it is a very small market). People do not share iPod touch, you get one of each which is really a device to their personal content. That is an assistant device because it requires synchronizing, would allow you to choose which account to sync and the public is the target appearance is easily confused with the options so you probably have several accounts in one device and wonder why you cannot find any kind of music that have been synchronized.

To one side from the fact that nobody has mentioned or hinted multi-user support was not there in the SDK (as opposed to say, the functions of the phone). The questions now are about the potential non-purchasing decisions. The IPAD has the potential to make a lot of things in the future, but if this does not happen and there is no indication that will happen that you care? There is also the question of how it would operate during synchronization. If there are several targets in the slave device and several sources in the master device, which must let you opt for profile during synchronization to synchronize with. So how to deal with backups? Is a layer of complexity I doubt Apple wants to impose on the target.

I do not think that adding the ability to separate user accounts would not be difficult. Whereas suggestions make a lot of sense. I think, and at least limited multi-task will appear in the iPhone 4 update. I wonder if the phone holder in the iPhone OS OS and OS IPAD. With different SDK. I also think we will see a new user interface. Small icons on the desktop looks great out of place. I saw someone on the forum suggest that applications like widgets called Dashboard. I think that's a great idea. Press a button on the dock application and all applications on the desktop. Then choose the application you need. No surprise me if some of these improvements take longer than some of us would like, like the copy / paste. However, Apple is going to do and do well.

From the family point of view, adding wall-user account on these elements that help parents control what their children can access applications. You can also create unique high score files, especially when said children come to you saying, "I think I accidentally deleted the game save the file that has been working for the last month." Reduce clutter in home screens each person, presenting only the applications that suit the user - this allows them to organize your applications on a per-user basis.

Split user accounts were most likely the first thing I thought when I took the iPad. Similar to other users, was in suspense to create accounts to bound access to e-mail identities, certain applications and files private. It is not only parental control however. I have read it somewhere that sharing their IPAD with your spouse poses its own problems of comity and cooperation. With user accounts, it would have to make difficult choices as who the primary user? Each person can adjust their own use and configuration of the system if desired. Team do not have to handle prospect about personal data and privacy so openly.

Hi,

We use Switch in our house, each of us has a separate account. It's a multi user web browser for the ipad and remembers your passwords etc. It seems to be a pretty well kept secret, but most of my friends have it now. If someone wants to play around on it they can use the guest account. It's in the apple store.

Yes, Switch lets different people browse the web on a single iPad while keeping their own history, bookmarks and tabs. There's even a Guest account for people borrowing iPad for a quick surf. When your friends log out of Switch, or just lock the screen, their browsing history is cleared so they can safely surf without worrying about privacy.

FEATURES
    - Share an iPad between the family without getting in each other's way
    - Use a single password to protect your email, facebook and other websites
    - Keep your own tabs and bookmarks for faster browsing
    - Search your history by typing in the location bar
    - Let friends use your iPad without giving them access to your online accounts
    - Switch between website logins easily without retyping your password
    - Use the guest account for extra privacy when surfing - your history is erased when you close Switch or lock the screen
    - Ever get nervous leaving iPad around with your email account logged in? With Switch, everything is protected by one password, automatically enabled when the screen is locked
    - Smooth animations and a simple, beautiful interface make Switch a joy to use

Download it from here or ipad.