Thread: Motorola S805 Bluetooth headset won’t work in Windows 7

Motorola S805 Bluetooth headset won’t work in Windows 7

I was having a HP laptop that was running on Windows Vista and this headset used to work properly on this operating system. But now after installing Windows 7, although the headset gets recognized by the OS but it cannot find its driver. I have already installed the latest version of the bluetooth driver for my HP laptop but still Motorola S805 wont work. Can anyone tell me how do I get this headset to work? Thanks

Re: Motorola S805 Bluetooth headset won’t work in Windows 7

Have you tried downloading the WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software, by searching it on google, and installing it in your pc in compatibility mode? To do that first download the same software and then right click on the .exe file and choose Properties. After that click on Compatibility tab and then check mark the Run this program in compatibility mode option and choose Windows XP from the available options. Now try to Run this program as administrator and click apply and ok. After installing it you need to restart and then you will be able to sync the bluetooth headset to your pc.

You need to also make sure after installing the software that your Bluetooth dongle is connected in your computer. Simply double click the installer file and then let it to install itself. Once it is finished then restart your computer. Note that you will get some error message if you click on My Bluetooth Place shortcut because of compatibility mode problem. Hope this helps.

Did you try pairing your Motorola S805 headset to your bluetooth dongle. If not then first try to the headset to pairing mode by pressing and holding down the call button until a blue led light remains. After that right click on the bluetooth icon in notification area on the taskbar in your computer and then choose "Add a Bluetooth device". The bluetooth setup will start, click next. Once the Motorola S805 is shown then select it and click next. Now go to the Bluetooth Service Selection box and checkmark the 'Hands-Free unit' and 'Stereo Audio' and click finish.