Thread: WhatsApp push notifications not working on iPhone

WhatsApp push notifications not working on iPhone

Guys I have installed this WhatsApp on my iPhone just a few weeks ago and everything is working absolutely fine but from last few days I am not able to get this push notification of this WhatsApp to run as I was able to get the popup on my screen. Before this I was able to get the notification of the message on my screen but now I am not able to get the popup so can someone help me to know that how can I be able to get this problem solved.

Re: WhatsApp push notifications not working on iPhone

Hey first of all try removing the application and again install the same and see if you can get the push notification back on your iPhone, what I think is that there could be a problem in the WhatsApp that you are having previously and due to some glitches there is no notification of the emails or the messages that you get on your iPhone, so the very first thing that you will have to try out is to reinstall the application and see if can get the push notification running again.

There are some reasons why you might not be getting push notifications. Let's review them one by one and try to resolve the problem. The first, and easiest fix is simply that the notifications have been disabled in Settings in the iPhone. To fix this, follow these steps. Open Settings in the iPhone and click the Notifications menu: Ensure that notifications are enabled WhatsApp Balloons, Alerts and Sounds. Once activated WhatsApp push notifications to the iPhone settings, turn off the iPhone for 30 seconds. Okay, now open WhatsApp to be registered on the Apple Push Notification Service. Once all the steps are done you should be able to get the push notification back on track.

Hey if you are still not able to get the notification then you can even make use of the following to get the problem solved. The first step is to contact the network administrator and confirm that the 5223/TCP port is not blocked by the firewall Wi-Fi. You can tell the network administrator to see the support article HT3576 The second step is to change the DNS servers you are using your wireless network by following 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4: After changing the DNS servers MUST turn the iPhone for 30 seconds and then again restart the same and you will surely be able to connect and get the notifications properly.

Guys thanks for all the replies but after going through all of the above still I was not able to get the push notification back on the iPhone of mine, I have reinstalled the WhatsApp many times and have also looked for the settings that is whether or not the push notification is being disabled or not but it was found to be enabled. The DNS and the server settings that I have changed it out but then also I am not able to get the push notification to get whenever I get a email, can any one provide me with some other solutions.

Try this solution out and see if you are able to get the push notification from this WhatsApp again.
    • Create a backup of the iPhone through iTunes.
    • Delete all your data and settings of the iPhone by choosing Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings
    • Upgrading to the latest version of IOS (the current version is 4.2)
    • Repair all personal data saved in the backup in step 1.
    • Make a sacrifice to the gods push notifications and turn on the iPhone.

Hello friends I have jailbroken my iphone to get this WhatsApp to install on my iPhone, but the problem is that after getting this installed I found out that whenever I run this WhatsApp the application hangs at the starting that is at the beginning only and I am not able to do anything except to kill the application to run again, but then also I am not able to get this application to run smoothly so can some one help me to know what is the cause of this problem and how can I get it solved.

What I believe is that the cause must be that the package installed Net-Local Number Format of Cydia. This package seems to truncate the iPhone API standard that depends on your application. Simply remove the package and reinstall it once WhatsApp is configured and operational on the iPhone. Another solution, much easier, is to delete the country code field, enter your phone number and select your country code and then run the same, hope this time you will able to get the application to run handsomely.