Thread: Notes of Interest on Thunderbolt and MacBook Pro

Notes of Interest on Thunderbolt and MacBook Pro

Apple and Intel set up a novel cabling system called Ray on the new MacBook Pro As with any new technology; there are plenty of new questions and problems that arise. Tested.com provides a fine overview of new knowledge, and Macworld has a superior FAQ on Ray. We have compiled some interesting notes here. First, this video shows Engaged Ray in act in one of the new MacBook Pro, and does a superior work of showing the reward of the bandwidth sooner. Live coverage of CNet reveals no tactics to offer PCIe Ray. In reality, Intel says it wants a new PC / motherboard for Ray. That means that Mac Pro holder will not be capable of add to their systems. Please send your opinion.

Re: Notes of Interest on Thunderbolt and MacBook Pro

I hope all those who complain about the battery at least you can stop complaining for a minute and respiration. The security implications of easily accessible PCIe, bypassing even the operating system is pretty frightening. A malicious Lightning flash drive would be even more dangerous than a USB (although these are incredibly powerful, because it is like Stuxnet) because they also receive data and have more privileges.

The only real problem that you can see this whole TB thing is his statement about the need for a completely new computer / motherboard. The truth that you cannot even retroactively insert a few link tuberculosis (although at a slower rate) in the accessible hardware is in the sense that the TB almost certainly will not be house for another 2 - 4 years. Macs have very new and not being restored anytime rapidly. In truth, if all you can use are: USB and FW800, which is where my cash will go. I am not saying this is a failure, as a group of people among tuberculosis connection peripherals are taken using it. Still, I believe it could be a slow procedure for lots of people similar to me who are completely happy with USB 2.0.

Now think of the possibilities, a few citizens say "wish I had a use." I will give you a situation. You choose yourself up a hub it is got firewire, usb, DVI (or hdmi) and thunderbolt on it. You plug in an outside monitor an outside hard drive, a few usb peripherals, an audio interface maybe. You come house from work (or school) connect your mag secure, and your thunderbolt and that’s it. You no longer require making use of any extra ports and you have yourself a powerhouse. Desktop extra influential than some 08/09 Mac pro's. And almost no cable/ port clutter.

I read somewhere else on the net that Intel mentioned a fresh motherboard would be necessary since a PCIe x16 slot would be required for a Thunderbolt extension card. In most computer motherboards there is just one such slot, occupied by a graphics card, so in this situation a novel motherboard is obvious. On the other hand in my '09 Mac Pro, here are 2 PCIe x16 slots, 1 utilized through the graphics card, parting a spare x16 slot (and a further 2 PCIe x4 slots) - so I do not see a reason why an extension card can’t be developed. It have to be in Apples best attention to serve clients who wish for to use this fresh interface and help out drive Thunderbolt into mass acceptance.