Thread: Can we use non-Nikkor Lenses for Nikons

Can we use non-Nikkor Lenses for Nikons

I have a Nikon camera with me. I want to ask you a question before I give the lens before purchasing a new one. While browsing I noticed that there are some alternatives to get a Nikkor lenses that are more cost effective. I was looking for some general options for the non-Nikkor lenses amongst those here on the forums. So I would like to know that can we use the non-Nikkor lenses for Nikons. Please do reply to me if anyone knows the solution for this.

Re: Can we use non-Nikkor Lenses for Nikons

I have a D3100 with me and it works very well but now I am looking for some new lenses. I wanted the maximum end to be either 200 or 300 mm. But as they are little less than Nikkor should I get the tamron or Sigma. If anyone knows then please do get back to be. But I would prefer having Nikkor lenses rather than having other lenses as they are very good. According to me we can use non-nikkor lenses for Nikons.

I had used a Tokina lens before and have been happy with the result but I think that you need to look at each particular lens. I got a good deal on a Nikkor 55-200mm VR because I got it together along with a D3100 camera but even without that I think its price is quite reasonable for a Nikkor lens. But I think that you should spend a little more to get it. But you should go for it as it will be a very good buy.

I think that you should go ahead with it as the zoom Nikkor lenses cover a wide range if focal lengths. Also the single focal-length NIKKOR lenses are optimized for their individual focal lengths. Specialty lenses, including fisheye, micro and PC-E lenses, offer unique functions. So you should try to go for it. It will really help you. So it will be very good if you go for such lenses.So I feel that rather than going for some other lens go for Nikkor Lenses for Nikons

One more feature with this is that we get the teleconverters. The Teleconverters are the attachment lenses that increase the focal length of the lens to which they are attached. Manual focus lenses have a focus ring that is rotated to get the focus. So I think that this is another very good feature to go along with the other features. So I would also suggest you to go for the Nikkor lenses for the Nikons.

Thank you for all your replies. I appreciate you for your replies. Looking at all the solutions I feel that I should go for the Nikkor Lenses for Nikons. The single focal-length NIKKOR lenses are optimized for their individual focal lengths and that is a very good feature. Also the specialty lenses, including fisheye, micro and PC-E lenses, offer unique functions. So I think that I would go for the Nikkor Lenses for Nikons and not for the non-Nikkor lens for Nikkor.