Thread: Slow motion clips filmed on Casio Exilim cameras

Slow motion clips filmed on Casio Exilim cameras

I just thought of sharing clip I had recently shot on the Casio FH25 and FH100 cameras. The clips were taken in a Melbourne punk band and I had a bunch of objects together in it. Both the cameras were great to use and very easy to get as well. This is because of their size and we were able to put them right up close to the action. I made little protective boxes so that we wouldn't break the cameras too much. This footage is shot at 420fps on a shutter of around 1/800th of a second. ISO was at either 800 or 1600. But I feel that they are very good when you're after something that takes high speed video and also some nice pictures too.

Re: Slow motion clips filmed on Casio Exilim cameras

I think that the Casio Exilim cameras are good very for Slow motion clips. I like the way you reversed the motion of the pieces flying in all directions. It is a leading digital camera with truly unique features. The High-Speed technologies including Casio's exclusive pre-recording feature which removes the shutter lag. The EX-FH25 has some added features like back illuminated CMOS technology and the High-Speed Best Shot Continuous mode that offers lag eliminating high-speed capture settings. So in general it’s really a very good camera.

I completely agree with the beautiful features of FH25 cameras. But the EX-FH100 is highly rated in shooting technology rich digital camera. It has features such as High-Speed Capture Technologies. The EX-FH100 has an amazing high-speed 40 frames-per-second and record slow motion videos at 33X slower than normal speed. The new High Speed Best Shot scene automation modes are available in it and even this removes the shutter lag. Movies can be recorded in amazing 720p HD and played back on your HD TV via its mini HDMI port.

Both the cameras are of real use when you use lots of light while taking photos and shooting videos. When you shoot something in slow motion you are taking the picture quickly. And when you take pictures quickly at that time the lights has a very less tome to create an image in the camera. So in Casio Exilim cameras this works really well. Always shoot in plenty of light or else you will get dark and gloomy slow-motion videos.

As the previous reply says the slow motion really doesn't work very well on camera systems not designed for it. So if the cameras only shoots about say 24 to 30 frames per second of video then your slow motion will be just depend on whatever editing software you use. Now say that you need to capture some expressions like the popping of a water balloon or capturing minute expressions on a man’s face. For such things choosing the right frame rate for your subject is of very vital importance. So it’s very important for setting the right frame rate.

I feel that there is some drawback in cameras such as the Casio Exilim cameras. The flip side to shooting in slow motion is that you almost end up with some more footage than you need. Consider that six seconds of shooting produces just one minute of video at around 300fps and around two minutes at 600 fps. So there are such cameras that let you to cut your clip on the spot and then you need to take advantage of it. But it general the Casio FH25 and FH100 cameras are real delight.