Thread: Xoom stops transferring files from computer

Xoom stops transferring files from computer

At what time I link my Xoom to my workstation among supplied data wire I can move files, ie music. Conversely if I attempt to transfer large amounts of that at a time it stops making development, (For example I am using about 10GB of music on my PC, I linked my Xoom opened the music folder on the Xoom and the music folder on my workstation, pulled all the music there and putted into Xoom. It started operation, said something like around 3 hours outstanding and I left it. I checked after some time it was at around 35% done. And after a some hour it at rest said 3 hours remaining and said 35% done. I stopped it and started it again and let it go full night and in the Morning an after 9 hours it was at rest not completed, and make no progress.

Re: Xoom stops transferring files from computer

I had a same problem when I primary connected my Xoom by a GE (powered) hub that was generally full. At what time I would move any files that were large; the move would freeze up or fail behind a comprehensive amount of time. How are you linked to your computer, are you using any kind of a USB hub? It can make undependable connections for Xoom, so the best technique is to use a USB port straight of your motherboard. Once I linked mine straightly to the computer and loaded the Motorola USB drivers, then my transfers worked as likely.

I thing you have to go to contact with any engineer. I don’t understand your problem what is actually you are working on which windows that is not mentioned by you but I assume you are working with windows XP, because one of my friends had the same issue and he did not able to solved this problem. And then he called one engineer who is his friend and after some dissection he solved the problem that’s why I told you call any engineer.

It takes place to me for the two times. First time I don’t know how it solved mechanically then I thought it was soled but it happened again. Transfer is tremendously slow, so slow that it just freezes (appears like PC decides that tool is asleep?).I was able to do a transfer ultimately, at rest appears through far longer than comparable same size transport to usb drive or iPod. So what I have to do for that. Please help me I am waiting for your answer.

Did you load the Motorola driver which is available on the net? Even though Windows 7 will connect to Xoom occasionally with no the drivers, the link is not consistent. At what time I first hooked mine up the computer, short of of drivers and using a hub equally caused problems and volatility among huge transfers. By means of Motorola's drivers, my transfers are at the typical USB rate of my any another devices and I do not get cut off.