Thread: Xoom exchange server – security

Xoom exchange server – security

I am trying to sync my work email (Exchange Server) to my Xoom. The xoom identify the account, but tells me "Setup could not terminate - The server needs security features my android machine does not support." I have a numeric pin on the security device screen. My email runs on my EVO operating Android 2.2. Anybody knows what security features are dissimilar between android 2.2 and android 3.0. And how can I be able to fix this issue?

Re: Xoom exchange server – security

The common "work around" is to push the ‘allow non provisioned devices’ box in the swap server. But most organizations do not like doing that as it is a weighty hammer as it immobilized quite a bit of EAS rule. Best obsession to do it contact your swap administrators and have them appear in the log and observe which one of the 29 or so safety policies your machine is not responding as being compliant among. The most preferred alternative is for them to configure a next security strategy template for your type of tool. So that the complete security rules affect to other devices, but android plans have a slighter set of limitations. Not the best answer, but its better then the selections of permit anything and allow no droids.

I suppose you are running Exchange 2007 or 2010 based on the problem. Amie is correct, and if you are not an Exchange administrator, I would like to tell you forward this recommendation to any IT department. I suppose the ‘non-provisioned device’ setting restrictions connectivity to Windows CE/Mobile/7 devices, but it is been a while. If there is any security solution, you can physically enable the device encryption characteristic.

Beneath the Android 3.0 column it inventory what EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) features are carried through the Android 3.0 OS/Email Client and what rule types its can really enforce at what time it comes to vigorous sync strategy. At what time the Droid comes up and shows the Policies it requests to apply to make active on exchange; it is only showing you the policies it is going to concern, it does not show any policies that the Exchange server is ask for that it cannot apply. I thing this information will help you as you ask about.

I had same problem but now it resolved today for me through our system administrator through examination ‘Allow Non-Provisionally’ devices. What is attractive, once rules were applied, “XOOM” shows me a message saying that content of the memory would be encrypted. So after this funny incident I like to tell you, you have to see is any massage it shows to you if yes, then just solve it and then your problem will automatically solve. I hope this information will help you.