Thread: Contacts error in nokia c7

Contacts error in nokia c7

I was using nokia 3110c. Recently I have purchased a new nokia c7 cell phone. I is with nice features but I am finding some problem in this. If someone from my contacts calls me it does not show contacts. Why is it not able to display the contacts on calling .Do I really need to do some kind of setting in my cell phone? Is it normal problem with my cell? My cell phone is under warranty period, so do I need to take to nokia service center?

Re: Contacts error in nokia c7

If you are able to see just callers number on your phone display and not the name then it may be due duplication error of the contacts. Duplication of contacts is the most common cause of your kind problem. Fixing such problem is difficult task. If in your phone there is same number against more than one name .when you get call from such number your phone is confused which caller id needs to be shown,then by default it shows number instead of name.

Solution to your problem is to fix the duplication error in your phone i.e remove duplicates from your contacts .this you can do in outlook on PC ,find all duplicates and select delete otion for them,but if there you are not able to do so then you need to find the numbers that are not working by using latest version of nokia search tool to find the duplicates. By search tool you can easily find out duplicates from your contacts.Try to delete these duplicates this will fix your problem.

I also had the same problem. When one of my friend call me I don’t see his name in display only mobile number appears on the display. I looked for solution of the same problem .I found one solution which worked for me. I hope this may work for you as well. In your phone do setting that select only one memory to show either phone or sim. When you select both memory it don’t display caller name. This solution will only work if you have duplication between phone and sim.

This error may happen due to duplication in phone memory. In phone memory there is chance of double entry for same number. You have saved same number with two different name and same name in two different numbers can cause the same duplication problem. That is the reason phone gets confused about which combination needs to be selected at the time of receiving calls from those duplicate numbers,so by default it shows number.