Thread: Focus problem with canon SD 850 IS

Focus problem with canon SD 850 IS

I have been using SD 850 IS camera for last four months it was working fine but since few days it is giving problem. It is giving problems while focusing at mid to long range of shots. It is giving blurry and fuzzy images on full auto mode. These photos are not usable. Sometimes far distance shoots are out of focus only. Can someone tell me why my camera is giving such problem and how it can be solved? or do i need to take at canon care center?

Re: Focus problem with canon SD 850 IS

Hi, I had been using some camera but recently I have purchased SD 850 IS camera. I am not able to capture quality distant images. The problem which you have mentioned I am also experiencing the same. I am not able to capture long distant images. Images I am getting are blurred. It is giving focus problem. Sometimes we can easily capture quality distant object and sometimes not. So I am a looking for some suggestions which can help me to fix camera issue.

Sometimes this problem arises and it is so much frustrating as well. I also had once this problem. I tried many solution but only one of them worked. You have to go into macro mode or switch out. First you need to check out what specific problem you are facing. Whether you getting this problem in long range or in short range as well. You may need to switch out or or go into macro mode.You can also visit to canon service center for any assistence.

I am using SD 850 IS for last few months .It has been working fine. Once I also face the same problem .I tried few solution one of them worked for me.I tried to adjust the focal length and done some changes in zoom settings. I tried macro setting i.e tulip flower symbol one which is used for close up settings. This fixed my problem. I hope this may also work for you. Else, best option is open take your camera to canon center for servicing.

Here I am telling you some tips which can help you in taking good quality images. If want to do pre-focus just press the shutter half way down. Your photos should be in focus and sharp. You will observe boxes around the focus points. You will get to see several focus boxes in autofocus set up. But if your camera is set to off then there should be only one box in the center.Handle your camera properly and do settings for differnet mode as per the requirements.