Thread: How to add books to Motorola Xoom

How to add books to Motorola Xoom

I am very much eager and thrilled to read books on my brand new Motorola Xoom. But I have a problem as I am unable to add books that I already own. I have plenty of PDF and EPUBS on my machine. When I tried using the file transfer through the usb I found no books in that folder. And on top of it I seem to have a problem searching for the option for adding a book. I would like to know as to what application you’ll use for reading books.

Re: How to add books to Motorola Xoom

I want to know as to which application are you using to read books, because if you are using the “Google Reader”, then I would like to tell you that you should try to synchronize them to the online Google Book Reader. The user interface of this application is very clear. After you have entered your account information, you look to your Google Reader news feeds. At the bottom are options for "Refresh", "Mark All as Read" and for switching between the view of the read or unread items. You can even have access to tags, which you have created.

The “Google Reader” application is truly amazing. I use it to read my books online and have had no issues whatsoever. The following are its features :
    a. Feature of Google Reader synchronization through which you can now use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
    b. User Interface is very simple, fast and intuitive
    c. You can easily sort your feeds into folders and tags
    d. Now you can subscribe your feeds directly to gReader
    e. It provides you with the feature of Auto-synchronization through which you can synchronize your feed automatically for a periodic time
    f. It provides you update with notifications
    g. It is possible to share your favorite articles with your friends with a simple single click through the email
    h. It offers you the tool to search for articles in subscriptions
    i. It has a “Text Mode View” so as to reduce the articles to text-only version.

As far as I know the application called Kindle provides you with a function of creating a folder for books. You can buy a book from the Kindle store from your Android phone and automatically get your purchase to be shared with your Kindle or even to your account in the implementation of Windows, Mac or from your own iPhone . Kindle application for Android is a freeware. Android requires OS 1.6 or higher and using this application now you can see more than 600000 books, including the list of best-sellers of the New York Times. You can try getting free samples of books. What is more exciting is that you can read the starting of the book for free before you purchase. But the sad part is that newspapers, magazines and blogs are not currently available on Android, hopefully they will implement it in future.

Aldiko is an eBook Reader for the Android platform. Using this application you have access to thousands of free electronic books online. It has a vast library of classic ebooks in the public domain, as well as self-published books and original creations. The assembly is divided into several categories and themes for example action, science fiction, adventure, autobiography, erotic, fairy tales, history, horror, humor, youth, police, religious, romance, news, war, westerns, drama, philosophy , poetry, psychology, science and travel. In addition it provides support for Adobe DRM thus making it possible to manually add almost all the catalogs on the market and can take the advantage of the latest releases in digital library.

Even I use the Aldiko application on my Android phone and I have to say that it is really worth having on your tablet as well. There is a slider or you can even tap it right to left, enough to ensure smooth navigation from one page to another with a gentle motion of horizontal scrolling. In addition, it automatically records your progress and open the last page viewed when you visit it again. It is easy to adjust the brightness, all you have to do is simply drag it from top to bottom left of your screen. Using the side menu, you can quickly access a chapter by clicking on "summary", and more important you can even add pages to your favorites. It is very easy to adjust the fonts, layout spacing, alignment, margins, the brightness, and you can also customize the navigation controls, and can even choose a theme.

I have Aldiko on the Xoom and Calibre on my PC. I converted a pdf file to an ePUB. I did not see the ability to rotate the file, but it seems to be rotated 90 degrees. Also, can't see the Xoom listed as a device on the calibre. So, I manually copied the folder to the Xoom, but it is not found by either the native Android reader or Adliko. What directory do I need to move the files so they are recognized by the Xoom. I tell Calibre to save the ePUB to the eBook directory and nothing shows up.

I believe that the Xoom Android tablet is improved eBook reader. You will be able to read books and pdf on your phone without any issue.
    • Touch the Apps > Books from the Xoom's home screen and then choose shop to browse and choose books.
    • Touch on book to get additional information regarding that. If you want then you can also try to download but check if that is free or having some charge.
    • You can tab left and right to get more books.