Thread: Unable to connect pen drive in my AMD laptop

Unable to connect pen drive in my AMD laptop

Hello friends, please help me getting this problem in a right direction, from past few days, whenever I tried to connect the flash driver it was not able to connect in the laptop. The configuration of my laptop is of AMD, and it is about a year old, it was working fine when I connected it to the desktop which has windows xp installed in it. The thing is it does not show anything when inserted to the slot. Is this because of the virus present in the laptop or is this because of the hardware that is present in the laptop which is not getting updated or recognizing the connection.

Re: Unable to connect pen drive in my AMD laptop

Did you tried installing the drivers of the laptop, it may be possible that the laptop drivers are not updated from a very long time, and the flash drive present support the latest software only .you can download the latest drivers from the internet and then try to connect to the laptop. Also try to install the drivers that must have come with the flash drive, try to install it in the laptop because if it is accessed in the windows then it may create a problem in the AMD laptop.

I was also facing this kind of problem in my desktop I tried the entire possible thing by cleaning the ports of the flash drive to see either some major problem is been present in the ports. Did the flash drive fallen down because they are very delicate and the part in that are very fragile. So if has fallen down then, you can go for exchanging this flash drive because it is in the warranty period they will replace the flash drive and provide the new one.

Try to check all the connection in the laptop, if you know how to open the laptop and check the connection then only you go ahead. Once you have opened it then check the interfaces that are present, clean the port with some solvent that will remove all the dust that is present in it. Did you tried to check the flash drive, by connecting to the other laptop with the same configuration some time it may happened that there is some problem in the laptop in which you are not aware of. Did you scan the whole laptop for virus; if it contains any of the viruses then it will be not help to detect the flash drive.

Did you try to format the flash drive, because it is possible that the hard drive may consist of certain virus that it not detected in your scanner, because of which it may be possible that the virus is spread to other system. Try downloading anti malware software that is present in the internet and install it on the laptop. Once you have done this, you can scan the whole laptop to find the presence of virus in the laptop and then in the flash drive. Once removed , restart the laptop in the safe mode to check weather no other file or folderis been missing.