Thread: Some buttons are invisible on podcast display in iTunes 10.1.1

Some buttons are invisible on podcast display in iTunes 10.1.1

I had an old version of iTunes available with me. But recently I upgraded it to iTunes 10.1.1 on my Windows 7 desktop PC. Once I upgraded it to the new version there are some problems that I have started to face. There is no longer a ‘Get’ button shown for the applications that haven’t been downloaded on the podcast display. Previously, there was a ‘Get’ button next to each applications that I could click to retrieve the applications, but that button no longer appears. Also there is no ‘Get All’ as well as the ‘Subscribe’ button present. Please help me to get the solution for this problem. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my iTunes?

Re: Some buttons are invisible on podcast display in iTunes 10.1.1

The problem you are facing might be due to the iTunes 10.1.1 that you have installed. There is no reason why this buttons will disappear if you upgrade it to iTunes 10.1.1. I think that while you where upgrading your iTunes something might have gone wrong. So for this what you have to do is you need to first uninstall the iTunes that you are using. After that you can reinstall the iTunes following the same procedure you had used earlier. You can get the new version by visiting the website. I am sure the re-installation process will help you to get away with this problem.

I tried a few things when I got this problem. So when I started to try few possibilities to get rid of this problem I found that I should change the settings for the applications which I want to download and then do update podcast. This will then retrieve all the applications that are present. After that I had to remove the ones that I didn’t want. So that actually works a bit but was a very tedious job to do. So rather I would prefer to have the ‘Get’ button back. I’ll definitely try the solution that is been mentioned and I hope that it will work for me.

The solution you tried is not a valid one because it will not entirely remove your problem. I think that you have to follow the process of un installation followed by reinstallation to fix this problem. But then I also had looked around for some other solutions and I have found one. What you can do is that you need to go to the control panel and then you have to add or remove programs or you can uninstall the Programs that you don’t need. Then find the iTunes and right-click on it which should be followed by select repair. This will also help you to get rid of this problem.

Thanks for providing me with all the solutions. It worked for me. I tried with the solution that was provided earlier. I started with the process of un installation which is followed the reinstallation process. I followed the same procedure that I had followed earlier. But I guess I had made some mistakes in the previous process .And that was the reason why all the buttons got invisible. But after this reinstallation I can see the Get, Get All and Subscribe buttons again. So thank you for providing me with the solutions and you like to appreciate you for it.