Thread: Airplay or Apple TV is disappointing with Optical Output

Airplay or Apple TV is disappointing with Optical Output

I am thinking to play the music from the apple's application Airplay or Apple TV on my iPad...on my Sound System without switching on my TV. I have bought a new optical cable and optical to RCA converter which perfectly works with my oldies amplifier but the problem seems to be with the setups of an iDevice. Actually it requires to switch on my TV then it works even if I switch my TV off but it needs to be switched on at least once.

Re: Airplay or Apple TV is disappointing with Optical Output

I guess it would be problem with the old design and working of your amplifier due to which you have to switch on your TV at least once. I suggest you to try acquiring a preamplifier with optical input instead of using the cable and then check that it works or not. If I say personally then I just love the feature that an Airplay provides. Recently I had a party at my home where I played my plasma TV along with an iPad and all got controlled from the iPad, After which I used an AirPlay for playing my saved videos on iPad. I guess you this works great if you have all the latest technologies together.

Once you have connected with the TV then iPad recognizes it if you have connected it by using the proper cable but I guess once you connect with the TV then iPad won't be showing the content as it would be busy in showing the same thing on your TV. Better you buy a dock for your iPad for listening to music as it can directly play music from your iPad without any other device connecting in between.

I have got the scenario what you have setup with an iPad and your TV-connect to sound system. Actually your problem would be that your sound system is not able to connect directly with the iPad as it is of old design. But the sound system has been connected with the TV and TV can be connected with an iPad. Now when you want to listen to music from your iPad to sound system without turning on your TV then it seems to be not possible as your sound system needs to recognize the TV that is connected directly with it. So unless your TV gets ON, Your iPad does not reach up to sound system and hence you are not able to use it without switching on your TV.

I have one more best idea that you can use to play music directly from your iPad to the sound system at your home. These days portable DVD player are much cheaper if you don't look at the brand. And if they are not made by any big brand then it does not means that they don't work as per expectations. Once you have got any dvd player with the USB port then connect your iPad to usb port and sound system with the output lines. Now you can use your iPad easily with the music player without turning on your TV, as you can check with the tracklist on your iPad itself. And your TV would be showing the same tracklist if you have connected it with the DVD player's Video Out Line.