Thread: Confused regarding mute switch

Confused regarding mute switch

Hi all, I am having the apple iphone and I was very happy with that. But recently, I bought a new ipad with new operating system but that is showing me some problems with that. Actually the problem is the lock button switched in to a mute switch evidently. Now, when I play the Pandora and press the mute button then nothing happens with it. Can you tell me that is the problem with that or is there anyone else who is having the same problem. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Confused regarding mute switch

I would like to tell you that this is the same mute switch as that was in the iPhone but there is only one difference with that. The difference is that the iPhone is having the vibrator but in case of the iPad, it is not having the vibrator. This is the only difference that I know regarding these two. I am also using the same and it’s the same for me as well. You need not to be worry about that because it is not only you with this issue. It is the same for all having the same version of the operating system. I wish that this post will help you in any manner to solve your doubt. Thank you!!!

As far as I know that the mute switch is working fine on the ipad as it is working on iPhone. But I think that this is the dumb IMO for the reason that the iPhone "rings" but in case of the iPad, it cannot rings. All you will have to do is to turn off notifications but games as well as music will still maintain to play under "mute". If you yet have not initiate it, the rotation lock "switch" is shown when you double-tap on home button as well as scroll to the left within the task bar. Other than this you can also turn off the keyboard typing sounds too.

I think that it will be better for you to ask for this question to the dealer and see if they can help you. If after talking to them also, you are having any doubt in your mind then the best way for you is to call the manufacturer ask them for the same and I am quite sure that they will guide you in the right direction to solve the problem and you will also be able to know that what is the exact problem with that. This should be your first step if you are facing any of the issues like this. Thank you.

According to me, it is there to fulfill certain authorized necessities. I think that all the mobile devices have to follow this rule and regulation. This means that that this is able to mute all sound. This is the only thing that I can tell you at the time. I hope that we will get more replies on this topic. Thank you.