Thread: I experience dropouts using Airplay on iPad

I experience dropouts using Airplay on iPad

I 'm having music drop out occasionally for the odd few seconds when playing from the iPad with Airplay to an Airport Express. Doesn't happen from my iPhone. Restarting doesn't assist. I can't even obtain mine to play music. I click the Airplay icon, it turns blue, music stops playing on the iPad, but nothing out of the ATV 2. Both YouTube and photos work well although, I can't acquire sound from the Photo app whle playing a slideshow. Any opinion?

Re: I experience dropouts using Airplay on iPad

I somehow Got it working!!! For a few reason signing out of the iTunes store in 'Settings' made it function . ( Or is one messed up accident!?) My apple tv is set up using my account at the same time as the iPad is in fact my wife's which is set up via her account. Signed back in via her account and it appears to still be functioning . what on earth the reason this appears a bit flakey nevertheless! Not certain if is assists anyone but I expect it does.

I am having same issues with my new Apple TV streaming from iTunes on my iMac. Streaming works fine from my iPhone 4 but arbitrarily drops out for a second or two at a occasion when playing on my portable pc. I believe it may be somewhat to do with network load and how iTunes programs the music stream?Appears that if I reboot my Mac it will function for a while, appears just as if somebody pulling the plug out of your headphones for a second then plugging it in once more.

Good luck on trying to sort this problem out. Playing music through Airtunes (and now Airplay) is totally incompetent except you don't get irritated by your music dropping out continuously. This is coming from somebody who has literally banged their head against the wall with this because of the very first Airport Express. I have purchased 2 diverse models of Airport Express, have lived in 3 dissimilar locations, even had an exterior configuration in my BBQ vicinity behind my house.