Thread: Airprint with network shared printers

Airprint with network shared printers

I have a question about the new Airprint function. I have connected via USB a laser printer to my Macbook. can also print via WiFi on the printer - the printer I have shared on the network, so I when the computer and printer for a second computer - a white MacBook. As I said, the printer is not superior to an AirPort Express to the wireless Internet available, but is connected via USB to the wireless embedded in the MacBookPro and is thus on the release of the wireless network. In this situation, I can not find AIRPRINT feature on my iPhone 4 in IOS 4.2.1. Is that really do not, or do I make a mistake?

Re: Airprint with network shared printers

How it looks. The Airprint technology from Apple is more to naja actually somewhat less, than just be able to access only the network shared printer. Originally this was planned so at the last moment was discarded because it was not satisfied with the result. Whether this in the future from Apple or what is coming, you can not say at the moment.

You need to use Airprint Hacktivator the network shared printer to use or Printopia but costs $ 10, but still has the function to display something right on the Mac. What do you prefer. Originally planned as I have said that Apple is offering a matching "detour" via a computer. Which there is, unfortunately, not some third party have the problem have been adopted and offer appropriate solutions, to provide a means AirPrint printer on the network. Google helps you here more quickly.

First of all i would suggest you to check whether you have installed the script as described, the Mac restarts, printers deleted, added together and share? In that order? Then everything should work. If not sorry, I know no solution. You have to restart the computer the way, not new, after adding the printer again.

Also on the network shared printers on the terminal still need a driver and that's the problem, as IOS has no printer driver and will get any. There are a few printers from HP, which use a new technology that can operate entirely without device-specific drivers and so far the only ones that are supported by AirPrint far.