Thread: Apple macbook air:Word 2011 freezes on startup

Apple macbook air:Word 2011 freezes on startup

Hello friend, I am having an apple mac book air laptop, that I recently purchased, this is featured with Intel dual core processor. I am facing a peculiar type of problem in my newly purchased laptop. The problem is word application is not running ok, it freezes frequently, I tried with many tricks to resolve this, but nothing works. I also tried by reload the application along with this also tried by load the latest and an earlier version. But this also does not work. Now I am looking for any other alternative for work application. Is here anyone having any idea or information on this? Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Apple macbook air:Word 2011 freezes on startup

There are many people switching from Windows to Mac This step always involves an leaving behind of almost all the programs that usually runs on Windows platform. With the wide deployment of Windows and its many applications. As per my opinion the system of Windows to Mac (which I am using) and frankly I was not convinced at this point to change any programs usually remain in the system has it almost never change the software provided by Microsoft Word. Program that many do not recommend two main reasons: it is very expensive for the office and employs more than 500MB disk. However, there are several free programs for word processing on the Mac, and some might find even better Writer is the part of the suite cross-platform OpenOffice application for mac.

AbiWord is a better writer for those who work on Macs environment. You can open and save documents in Word format which will support in Mac, by this you can alter Doc and export it to PDF and HTML. But one disadvantage is that it does not support the format Docx and sometimes can alter the format in Word document. For those who work on earlier Mac is a great alternative. Try with this application in your Mac compatible machine.

Another application named as Bean, the Bean has been intended specifically for Mac systems and is based on Cocoa (C based programming environment for Mac OS X). Bean also can open and save in Word format documents, but it is not able to handle the notes in the footer, images, or the default styles and is only partially compatible with Word file formats. Moreover, it does not work with the format. Docx, hyperlinks are imported as text and exporting tables to not work very well. However, in terms of speed and interface, Bean is really excellent.

One of most good alternative that I tried in my mac system to open and read windows word documents, Google Docs is an online office suite to open and save Word documents. Everything you need to use it is a Google Account. Google Docs offers a clean, auto-save, spell check and allows you to save your documents in your account and publish the document as a web page. You can also invite others to collaborate with you on a document. It support all formats of any word document.

ThinkFree Online: The ThinkFree Online's service is free while the ThinkFree suite is not free, it only allows you to open and view any Office document, including in any formats. Like Doc. Docx with the possibility of merging, convert, share and upload documents. You can perform basic functions for free, but to have extra features require registration. If you still now don’t detect any alternate for your mac system to access word document then try with this only application.

Try with LibreOffice, it is an office suite competitor to Microsoft Office to OpenOffice takes as origin compatible with mac platform. It includes the applications for making text documents, spreadsheets, presentations and slide shows, or database diagrams and edit credentials to HTML and XML. This interface is similar to Microsoft Office is not confusing, and advanced users will find the same main features. LibreOffice allows you to edit documents created in Microsoft Office and its export in various formats in Mac platform. However, it uses the default format OpenDocument XML for maximum compatibility, but can also export to PDF, HTML, and XML.

Another good word alternative for mac systems, NeoOffice is an office suite. It is a version of OpenOffice.org for OS Mac OS , NeoOffice is distributed as free software and free, licensed under GNU GPL . It is fully serviceable and stable for usual use. This programs is actively developed, so that improvement and small updates regularly taken for this.NeoOffice is one of two office packages based on OpenOffice.org that runs on Mac OS X, the other is " OpenOffice.org for Mac OS X (X11) ", the older versions runs with the X11 window platform. NeoOffice, however, uses tools from Apple and Java, Cocoa (API) , Carbon (API) achieve an exterior which is similar to native applications on Mac OS X. However, it requires more memory than openoffice version 2.x to achieve good performance. Some functions are particularly slow and depends on the development of OpenOffice.org since it is based on it.