Thread: Acer N300 to control digital imaging devices

Acer N300 to control digital imaging devices

Can anybody assist me in whichever method by using the Acer n300 (n311) by way of digital imaging devices for example: Webcams, Digital as well as Video Surveillance Cameras. Additionally, whichever control projects using this gadget particularly those associated to using GPS like the positional indication. I cannot find any information regarding this device. Acer has merely deserted these PDA's as much as support is measured. A truth that is both denote plus terrible. If any information with useful advice will be much helpful for everyone.

Re: Acer N300 to control digital imaging devices

The small reply is, not mainly. Like I said, I am concerned in linking to imaging devices mostly. But, the n300 PDA can proceed like a USB host and, for that reason, connect to whichever client USB gadget - it is simply a stuff of having the accurate drivers in support of those devices in order that they will function among WM5. The equivalent goes intended for Bluetooth. Certainly, this may perhaps comprise Web Cams, DVR's as well as GPS receivers not to talk about keyboards, microcontrollers plus whatever things with acting like a USB client.

Like I know formerly concerning Acer: they merely discarded each and every one support in favor of this device devoid of forewarning soon following captivating my well-deserved money for two of these components with certification that assured universal guarantee and examination even as, perceptibly, in the procedure of dumping it totally. So you need to break into that and make the device as support to do that.

I'm not too recognizable through what you would like to carry out in consider to robotics, except in hold to linking to the imaging devices you stated, I don’t believe it is achievable by means of such an old-fashioned OS similar to Windows Mobile 5. There possibly several hardware lacks also among it. I do familiar with that the iPhone can control little robots and such by the use of Bluetooth. Your finest stake would be to investigate the iPhone as well as the Android devices to observe what they are proficient of in this hold and if they can connect to latest imaging gadgets through Bluetooth or even through their wifi.

I don’t think that you can use it with other imaging devices to control it. However there could be possibility in some latest version of Windows mobile. I have seen in many robotics exhibitions like they were controlling their devices with only handheld PDA’s. You can make it work with any devices but for that you need to carry out the little modification is device. Such as hardware or may be software. You will need to get or create a cable that is capable to control the device as well as program the interface to communicate through it. This is not a easiest task to do for a common person without much knowledge.

I know that you can use the Windows Mobile phone to control webcams as well as digital cameras. But for this you will need to program the mobile so that it can communicate with only required devices either by the help of USB cable or Bluetooth. You may be hoping the Bluetooth because it is helpful. But to do this the device must have the similar capability. Some manufacturers didn’t provide this kind of capability for their PDA’s due to security purpose. But for nowadays you should check the ios from apple or Android.