Thread: Apple macbook pro: wireless printer not working

Apple macbook pro: wireless printer not working

I am having n apple mac book pro laptop, this is running with mac osx 10.3 along with also windows 7 platform. Though I basically interact with the windows platform, now the problem is the wireless printer HP Office jet J4680 series is not working on with my system. Along with this also when I tried to check the status of the printer when it is connected I did not found the wireless device in my system. What should I do now? How to overcome form this problem? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Apple macbook pro: wireless printer not working

As per my opinion regarding this type of problem I would like to recommend you to update the printer driver firmware that is installed in your system. for this simply ping to the device manager and from there open printer tab, now right click on driver name and choose they online update option, it will collect eth information about the update firmware and let you direct to install this one, go through this and a system reboot is required after complete the process. Try with this; I hope it will somehow help you.

I think the problem is in the printer driver, make sure that the driver is working properly and also the status of the driver is perfect, though few months ago when I was also facing relevant issue then after a long search on this I simply reload the printer driver from my system, and then the problem was solved, so I also like to recommend you to go for this process. Open eth device manager and from there expand printer tab, and choose the advanced recommended option after right click on it, it will direct you to choose the installation program from any location, locate and terminate the installation process wait till it completes.

I am also facing relevant issue with my HP printer that is stopped working after suing it more than 1 year, I instantly tried after getting the above mentioned processes, but none of these help me. After that I simply contact with the other technical persons for getting some information regarding this, but did not found any such information, only with a recommended option, that for changing the printer. I am not a technical savvy so I can’t understand for which one I should go for? Is there any having any idea about for any type of wireless printer that can be use with my system specification. Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Some of the information’s regarding to choose a printer whether this is a wireless or wired printer, A CMY printer is a type of printer used to print three colors, red, blue and yellow. For black just mix the colors. This type of printer offers excellent print quality and low cost quite expensive if you print a lot. This also known as Four color process printer: red, blue and yellow (as in three-color) but with an extra black ink cartridge, which allows a superior quality print that three colors, specially at the quality of the color black. These types of printers is suitable for multiple use like, if paper is black and white or color photo with a attractive good photo experience. So these types of printers require 4 cartridges and for that you no need to restore the ink cartridge if it is missing , resulting in savings in perspective. And I think you should go for the CMYquality printer.

I also would like to share some of the information’s regarding the printer quality, which will help you to choose the desire printer, the Polychrome is a type of printer uses 5 types of color like cyan, magenta, yellow, red, blue, 6 or 7 different colors cyan, magenta, yellow, red, blue, gray, light gray and a color Black, it use if the photo is in black and matte black. It is thus possible to obtain excellent color shades, ideal for printing photos with excellent quality. So I suggest you to go for the Polychrome featured printers.

If you are go through to connect the printer in your system with mac osx environment then I think the problem might be occurred for the wireless connectivity, for this you need to go through this process, I hope this will surely help you to solve the connectivity problem and also any other connectivity problem. If you have the built-in buttons and controls found in the printer can select a Wi-Fi network, proceed as follows. If you are not sure, read the instructions for setting up or the first few steps that came with your printer or visit the website of the manufacturer. Choose to use the integrated buttons or controls the printer off your Wi-Fi network. If essential enter the required password for the connection, so the printer can connect to the network. Your wireless printer should now be connected to your Wi-Fi network. Add in Mac OS X using the printer dialog box "Add Printer" to, or select it from the list of printers in the vicinity ", which the popup menu: see the print dialog Printers. For additional details check on adding a printer option window.

As per your post, if you are willing to connect the printer with the help of airprint application in your mac system, the go through this processes. Whereas I was also facing relevant issue, but after that I also go through these following information and with the help of these I can easily overcome from the problem.

1. Make sure about the Software Update "from Apple and software updates for third-party printers will be provided.
    2. Directly in the Print dialog, the Printers list in the vicinity "will be displayed with all available printers. Other nearby printer can be added by simply selecting.
    3. Be sure that the printer is not stopped working for any other software.