Thread: Unable to update app from App Store

Unable to update app from App Store

I always sign in to Apple app store using Apple ID. Whenever I attempt to update installed App I am getting following message on the screen which can be stated as ‘You have updates available for other accounts Sign in to (null) to update applications for that account.’ Anyone having the same problem please let me know as early as possible. Any advice to fix this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to update app from App Store

Well looking at the situation which you have posted over here I recommend that you have to rebuild spotlight index to fix the problem of yours. Well you can use the following instruction to achieve the same.
    • You have to click on System Preferences and go for Spotlight.
    • Now click on Privacy tab and simply add the main drive in that. For e.g. if you are having Macintosh HD then add the same.
    • You have to close and see that Spotlight has cleared index for the main drive of yours.
    • Now again you need to go for System Preferences and remove the main hard disk from it.
    • Now it will rebuild index you will see little dot at the top right hand side of spotlight magnifier.
    • Once this process is get completed App store updates which are broken will work without any issue.

I providing following stuffs which you can use to fix the problem of yours and let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.
    • First of all I recommend that you should try to update the app after performing login and logout. If login and logout does not helps you to simply restart the browser and see what result it generates.
    • Second thing you can do is to erasing cache and preferences for the storeagent and appstore which is located in to ~/library.
    • Finally you need to erase all the cookies which are stored in to browser which you are using to download the updates for the apps from the app store.

I have done following things in order to fix the solution of the mine. Well this particular software helped me to fix the problem of mine. Hence I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours. It consists of the following simple steps.
    • You have to choose any app from the Application folder of the computer of yours. Simply right click on it and click on Move To Trash option from the right click context menu.
    • Now you need to launch app store and choose updates from the App Store.
    • Now go for Purchases. It will now show Install option on the screen.
    • You have to click on Install button. Selected app will be downloaded in the computer and install the same.
    • Use the above mentioned instruction and let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should try with uninstalling and installing iTunes on the system. Before you proceed with this particular process I also recommend that you should back up the iTunes library. You need to uninstall iTunes from the computer and all the associated files of the iTunes. Finally you need to download the iTunes from the official websites and install it once you have downloaded iTunes. Also see that you have installed latest version QuickTime on the system.

Well I think I know the solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. I don’t guaranty this particular solution will help you to fix the problem. However you should try and see whether it helps you or not. In this particular situation you need to login your account iTunes account. You have to see that all the information is correct. You have to reset warnings towards the bottom and simply click on done button.

I suspect that apps which you are trying to update is having read only permission in the file. Well to fix the issue you need to click on the Get Info and simply clicked on the lock which is located at the lower right corner. You need to perform two modifications that is ‘Everyone’ and ‘Read & Write’ at the left side of the Get Info window. Update is supposed to fail if you have closed the Get Info window. Now you should attempt to visit App store and click on Update button. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.