Thread: Passport WDBAAA5000A not working on my system

Passport WDBAAA5000A not working on my system

Well yesterday I have connected the Passport WDBAAA5000Axx to my system and was watching a movie but suddenly between the play the movie went off and alter on after troubleshooting I found that the hard drive was no more in the working condition. I really don’t know what happened there and how I can solve it. I have tried and reconnected the disk but still the same issue and I was unable to see it on my system rather in simple words my system was not detecting the drive connected. So please help me in this one and let me know what I can do to solve this issue.

Re: Passport WDBAAA5000A not working on my system

As said by you that you were using this particular drive then it must have the WD smartware installed in the same. So what I want you to do here is that just try and see whether the smartware installed in the drive is doing well or not and if it is not then you have to just uninstall the same and then again install it. I am sure that doing this will definitely help you to solve the issue and also will take care the problem will never occur in future.

It is possible that you are using SmartWare WD in the disk. And if surely this is the matter than sometimes a loss can observe this behavior unit. To remedy this situation you need to follow these steps. This can happen again if you continue using Smartware to set the shortcut drive. Right click My Computer on the Start menu and select Properties. Click Manage Devices link on the left plate of the System Properties window. Now in Device Manager, click Disk drives and expand the drive shaft. WD should see listed there. If not, you may need a USB drive connection problem. If the unit is in the list, close all open windows. Later on you have to just right click on the My computer icon and then select the computer management and do the possible settings.

It seems to me that I can help you out in this situation; in fact I was also facing the similar kind of problem with the portable drive that I was using. No what you have to do here is that just try and connect the hard drive to any alternate system and if the problem is same there then you have to try and contact the western digital officials and let them know the problem faced by you . I have no doubt that the will help you out in this problem and then you can use the same drive in the manner you want

I have a solution for the problem which you are facing and it seems to me that it will definitely work in your case. As said by you that suddenly the control over it was lost. Now what you have to do here is that just try and hard reset the disk because doing this is the only solution available with me that will help you out here. Actually formatting the disk will give you the fresh and faster access over the drive which will help you to get rid of the problem and make the drive readily available.