Thread: WD Passport 1T HDD not detected on windows 7.

WD Passport 1T HDD not detected on windows 7.

I am working on the windows 7 operating system and the thing here is that whenever i am connecting the western digital Passport 1T HDD then it is not been detected on my system. Now the thing here is that I want to have an access on the system which I am having but nothing similar to it happening. I can’t figure out what is wrong with the system of mine and why it is not recognizing the external drive which I am connecting to it. So please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve the issue here.

Re: WD Passport 1T HDD not detected on windows 7.

Many a times the system needs to assign a drive letter for the drive. Before reading below, be sure to try all USB ports. I have 6 ports on my desktop and one of them usually recognize my passport. Now to solve this issue what you have to do here is that just try and follow the steps below.
    1. First of all go to the Start and click on the Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
    2. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management and then click Disk Management in the left pane.
    3. Now you have to just right-click the drive, or volume and see whether you want to assign a drive letter and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    4. After that you have to just Click Change.
    5. Then make sure that you are clicking on Assign the following drive letter if not already selected, click The drive letter will ask you to click ok then you have to then click OK.
    6. I am sure that this will hep yuo to solve the issue.

If the disk is not showing up on your system then you have to make sure that the appropriate drivers are installed on the system because there are few cases where the drivers are not installed and that is the treason the problem is caused. So what you have to do here is that just go online and try to find the appropriate drivers for the system that you are using and once you found the same then you have to install it back on the system which you are using, I am sure that it help you to solve the issue.

Well the problem here is clearly associated with the hard drive that you are using and it happens if the drive is not coping up with the same. Now what you have to do here is that just try and connect the hard drive on any other computer and see whether you are able to just get back the control and then issue is same here then you have to try and contact the western digital for help because there might be a serious issue with the hard drive that you are using.

Actually the thing here is that the hard disk which you are using is nothing but affected by the virus or any malware and that is the reason why it is behaving in an unusual way. So what I want you to do here is that just scan the drive and if that doesn’t help then you have to hard reset the drive because that is that is the only option I feel will allow you to make your drive an n0ormal as it what earlier. I hope this works for you.