Thread: Passport Essential SE 3.0 is not recognized on USB 3

Passport Essential SE 3.0 is not recognized on USB 3

I am having a Passport Essential SE 3.0 and using the same from last few days and really it was serving the best for me. And now when I upgraded my system and also changed the USB port from USB 2 to USB 3. So the thing here is that it is not detected on the USB 3. I mean whenever I am connecting the Passport Essential SE 3.0 on the system then it is simply not detected by it and the problem is from the moment I have changed the USB ports. I really don’t know what wrong with the same and how I can solve this issue please help me out of the same and let me know what I can do to gain back the access on the drive.

Re: Passport Essential SE 3.0 is not recognized on USB 3

Well here the first thing comes in my mind that as soon as you change the USB port then after the same you are unable to connect the Passport Essential SE 3.0 on the system that you are using, so it seems to me that the actual problem here is due to the USB port only. Now what you have to do here is that just do one thing that whether you are able to change the USB port on the same and see whether it helps or not. And if you will change the port then I guess you will be able to fix the issue on your own.

The first thing that I will like to tell you here is that just try and connect the same drive on any other computer system and if the drive is really not detected there also then you have to think about it more seriously because not the issue is with the hard drive only. So I will suggest you here to just go to the retailers office from where you have purchased the hard drive and then let them know the exact problem you are facing and I hope that they will co-operate with you and will help you to solve the issue.

If this is the issue that you are facing then I want to know few things from you that is you have motioned in the query that you made some changes in the configuration and if this is true then have you changed the operating system or installed any updates on the same. I hope that installing the updates must have degraded the drivers or the system requires updated drivers on the system. It happens if the drivers are not installed appropriately then later on the system will definitely give you some issues. So now here I want you to just install the required drivers on the system and once they are installed you will not face any of the issue what so ever.

Hello,I guess this is the same problem which i am being facing from recent days. I also just bought a Passport Essential SE 3.0 for my Mac, I plug my data is properly recorded and so on. But when I want to eject, either by apple E, for the menu or by moving directly to the trash icon but nothing happens! I find myself with a DDE on my desk without disconnecting the power for I dare not remove the USB cable like that. Please suggest me in this case and let me know what can I do to solve the issue which I am facing from last few days.

If you pass by the backup software to register your file and after you erase it from your computer system. The next time if synchronization is automatic, the files that you no longer on your system and that is indirectly your disk. But you have to keep in mind that the backup storage you want to do does not go through the software. I hope that doing the same will definitely help you to solve the issue here.