Thread: Unable to sync video and audio after upgrading to iTunes 10.1.0.54

Unable to sync video and audio after upgrading to iTunes 10.1.0.54

I had an old version of iTunes present with me. Today I updated my iTunes to 10.1.0.54 and ever since updating I am facing with some problem. The video’s that I am playing starts properly but soon after it slows down a bit. Due to this it creates noticeable gaps audio and the video that is being played. Also after a few minutes the video that is being played simply disappears. This video and audio sync well if I play them in Windows Media Player on in VLC. Can anyone come up with the solution for this issue?

Re: Unable to sync video and audio after upgrading to iTunes 10.1.0.54

To solve your problem I first need to know few questions about the system that you are using. What is the model of your PC and how much is your RAM and hard disk. What kind of operating system do you have? Also do you have a video card present in your PC? If yes then of what make it is and also mention the model number. Which type of CD drive do you have in your PC? Just provide me with the answers to this questions and then before proceeding further.

I have a custom PC running Windows 7 64bit. I have a video card present in my PC which is of ATI HD5870.There is the updated version of iTunes 10.1.0.54.The CD Drive which is present in my PC is DLL 2.1.1.1.The RAM present in my PC is of 1GB and the hard disk present is of 160 GB.I have a Intel Processor present in my PC. Please provide me with some proper solution so that there is sync between the audio’s and videos that are played.

The problem you are facing is due to the iTunes that you are using. The process you followed to upgrade your iTunes must have gone wrong. The solution that I can give for the problem you are facing is that you can uninstall the iTunes that is present. Once you uninstall the iTunes then you have to reinstall it. Also update the hardware to latest drives. Also you might check the DirectX settings. See to it that the changes haven't been implemented on the PC. It might also be worth checking your motherboard's manufacturer to see if there are updates for the chipset drivers or BIOS available. This will surely remove your problem and will sync the audio and video that are being played.