Thread: iTunes store gives a connection error 499

iTunes store gives a connection error 499

I had iTunes 10 as my media player an recently I upgraded it to iTunes 10.2 version. In the old version I used to connect to the iTunes store without any problem. But now when I switched to iTunes 10.1 I am getting some problem while connecting to the store. When I try to connect it gives some kind of connection error. The connection error that gets flashed is error 499.I contacted Apple on this issue and they said that it might be a problem with the Operating System that you are using. Please help me out with the problem.

Re: iTunes store gives a connection error 499

I had a look into your problem and I guess you have some problem with your installation process. The process when you upgraded your iTunes might have gone wrong. So for this I would suggest you to uninstall your new version of iTunes 10.1 first. Once you are done with it then reinstall the iTunes again. You need to follow the same procedure as you had while upgrading the iTunes. After reinstalling you can check out that there won’t be any connection error occurring and then you can directly connect to the iTunes store. This will surely help you to get rid of this problem.

The error that you are facing might be due to the internet connections. There won’t be any problems with the upgradation of iTunes. Upgradation of iTunes will not restrict you from getting connected to iTunes Store. When it was working in iTunes 10 then it will work in iTunes 10.1 as well .So check with your network connection or contact your internet service provider. Also you can check out with the local network and also with the local system itself. There might be some issues with the network that it avoiding you to get connect with the iTunes Store. So this are a few possibilities with you need to check which will resolve your problem of getting connected to iTunes.

According to me the up gradation process is not an issue. The reason you are facing the problem might be due to some kind of setting or controls which you need to change in your anti-virus which you are using. While you upgraded your iTunes from 10 to 10.1 versions you need to alter some controls in your anti-virus to get connected to iTunes Store. You can fix your problem by disabling the parental controls of the anti-virus that you are using. There are a few simple changes that you need to make in the controls that will enable you to get connected to the iTunes store without any problem. So this will allow you to get connected to iTunes Store without the connection error499.