Thread: HP Pavilion dv4 hangs on user profile

HP Pavilion dv4 hangs on user profile

I am writing all I did so for about freezing issue of my laptop. I recently installed win 7 on my laptop from DVD ROM (flash drive).Originally I had vista in my laptop and when it reached the disk partition place I deleted all partition, made only 1 partition for windows 7 and then extend it to 3 partitions for data storage and proceed to installation of windows 7. While installation my laptop got restarted suddenly I got an error, I do not remember the error message but I ignored that. Now each time when I use my laptop it sometime it hangs on HP logo or it freezes at user profile. Anybody can help me. I will really appreciate a lot.

Re: HP Pavilion dv4 hangs on user profile

If your computer remains blank and doesn’t boot into Windows, or hangs on logo, or the computer freezes, you need to perform a hard reset. A hard reset will erase all of the information in the computer's temporary memory and restore functionality. Many times, peripheral devices like USB drives, firmware devices, USB memory sticks, and even SD cards can interfere with the normal boot process. Doing a hard reset will force the system to clear and then reestablish the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware. Other problems that can be resolved by performing a hard reset include the keyboard not responding, or the PC not coming out of hibernation or sleep mode, or the PC freezing during normal operation. Ensure one thing before you hard reset, disconnect or remove all devices.

First of all I would like to say thank from bottom of my heart, because I needed this kind of solution from long back and because of it I posted the question on many forum site but I got the solution on this site. I think you reached to the point where I will get the solution. Please tell me step wise procedure to come out of this problem. Once again I want to thank you very much dear. Hope I will get any other response very soon . Thanks in advance.

Step to perform hard reset.
    Remove power plug from laptop. Take out the battery of the laptop. Remove the system from docking station, and disconnect cables to printers.Press the power button for 20 seconds to gain electrical charge Put the battery and plug in the AC adapter back into the laptop; but do not connect any of the devices.turn on the notebook PC. If you are prompted to boot into Safe Mode or select a special type of start up, use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , and then press the enter key.

Please check what OS are you using? Insure you are running a disk check. right-clicking on C:\ in windows explorer, select Properties, and then in the Tools tab, click check disk. You could also do this at the command prompt by typing in chkdsk /f. You may also consider reboot the machine and at the HP splash screen pressing F10 to enter the BIOS, then navigate to the Diagnostics Tab and select HDD Self Test and see if it returns an error. If it does, verify your machine is under warranty and have it serviced at an Authorized HP Service Center.