Thread: Photos on iPhone 4 appear much larger than the iPhone 3GS

Photos on iPhone 4 appear much larger than the iPhone 3GS

I have recently switched from the iPhone 3Gs to the iPhone 4. I have the habit of storing all the images in my iPhone. So the first thing that I did when I just brought the iPhone is to sync all photos, events and faces from iPhoto. I noticed that the space took in the iPhone 3gs was quite low and also the space that took in the iPhone 4. According to my calculations it takes around 5-6GB more space then the iPhone 3Gs. This is because of the capacity to store high resolution pictures in the iPhone. Well I do want to add all the photos in my new iPhone 4 but I do not want it to take up all that space in the phone. so any suggestions that you all can give me for this particular issue.

Re: Photos on iPhone 4 appear much larger than the iPhone 3GS

Well I really do not think so you would be able to do the same method as that in the iPhone 4. The pictures that are added in the iPhone 4 will obviously take some higher space and hence there would be the difference in the memory of your earlier phone and the new one. well I do have any exact idea whether you can compress the size of the photos and achieve the same clarity in the iPhone. Though there are various softwares available in the market that will help you compress the size of the pictures but I am quite unsure whether this will help you or not.

Well if you are so concerned about the space in the iPhone then I would advice you to create a separate folder in the iPhone for the photos that you want to sync and do not sync the entire library. Well you would end up saving a lots of memory in the phone. it is a fact that they are optimized in such a way that it gives the best possible picture on the display and hence the photos will appear to be much bigger and better. So you cannot complain that it is the problem of apple and they must solve this issue. So I hope you have understood the issue correctly.

Now even I do not agree with the above user. Well I think this is serious issue that the apple people must think over it. Well if so much space is consumed by the photos itself then where will be the space for the other data in the iPhone. We have to keep the other data’s on the phone. Well after some serious counting in the I found out that the iPhone is able to sync only 1/4th of the photos that would have been syncd in the iPhone 3Gs. I think the memory consumption is high. So apple people must surely work on this and help us find some alternate solutions for these kind of problems.

Well I have something to say here. If the users are not at all satisfied with the amount of memory that is taken by the pictures in the apple iPhone 4. Then I would advice them to take the pictures from the front camera itself which I think it is a vga camera. So that will lend the problem which was been created. If the users are not satisfied with the 32GB memory space the iPhone is offering then they must better think of buying a new cell phone for themselves. Probably that would be the better option for them. I completely agree with the users who support the iPhone 4. I feel it is the best phone that we ar having in the market right now.

Hey thanks a lot for all the opinions that you all have posted here. well what i want to say here is that i have again switched back to the apple iPhone 3Gs. The fault with the iPhone 4 was firstly with the inability t hold all the photos and also the microphone in the iPhone 4 is quite low. So when i tried connecting the phone in my cars stereo speakers the output was bizarre. So these all conditions made me think over my decision and i slowly opted to go with the iPhone 3Gs back again. So as of now i am happy with it.