Thread: WD5000YS Caviar RE2 500Gb doesn’t boot

WD5000YS Caviar RE2 500Gb doesn’t boot

Everything was working fine with my system until last night when I tried to start it, I had installed this new WD5000YS Caviar RE2 500Gb hard disk on my cpu just a couple of weeks ago and I was making the use of the same perfectly for some time now, but since I haven’t used for a couple of days as I was out of town and when I came back home yesterday in the evening and I started my system just after some time I find that system is not getting boot properly. I am getting the windows logo on the startup screen but the progressive bar gets freeze up after some time, so guys can some one help me to know that what has happened all of a sudden and what should I do to make this thing boot again.

Re: WD5000YS Caviar RE2 500Gb doesn’t boot

First of all since you have mentioned that you were out of town and you haven’t made use of your system so does it means that only you didn’t used the system or is it that some other member of your home might have used the system in your absence and could have caused the damage which is why you are not able to boot the system properly. If this is the case then I think that the hard disk might have got corrupted which is why you are not able to get the boot complete.

Hey you don’t you open the cpu case and see for yourself whether or not there is some kind of problem with the connection of the hard disk which is causing the problem and that is why you are not able to get the complete boot of the system. Since you didn’t used your system as you were out of town and if your system is really old then what I think is that the processor might be supplying the necessary power to the hard disk to get the load of the hard disk proper which is why you are not able to get the booting up completely. What I suggest is that you should wait for some time and keep on trying to see if the system gets to boot.

Hey I had got the same problem earlier as well with my system not able to boot completely, I had tried to restart my system but every time I would get the system to hang up during its half way of its loading. I had checked all the connections of the hard disk and almost each and every one of them was perfect. But later on when I went to check the motherboard I found that my RAM had got lose and that is why my system was not getting boot up completely. So when I attach the RAM again and then carry out with the startup function of the system this time I found that the system did loaded properly and smoothly. So check out this and see if you are able to get the system to boot up completely.

Guys I have checked each and every bit of wire that is there inside the cpu and I didn’t find any kind of loose connection inside it and all the wires were completely perfect with no sort at all. I have even checked the temperature of the cpu case and have not found any kind of changes in the temperature since the cpu doesn’t boot. I have even checked the RAM and have even for a try remove and inserted the same again into the slot so as to be sure that the Ram is tight and that there is no problem at all in the motherboard or in the wiring, so can someone help me to know how can I be able to solve this problem.

Contact the Western Digital support center because they are the only people can solve the problem of the hard disk if it is actually the cause of the hard disk itself. What I think that if after having gone through the measures that are taken to make this thing work perfectly. But even after all the trials if you are not able to get the reboot of the system perfectly then I think that the problem is of the hard disk which has to be replaced.