Thread: The passport SE is not doing well

The passport SE is not doing well

Well the thing here is that I am using the passport SE WD1200U017 hard drive and it is not doing well for me. I mean that whenever the drive is inserted or attached then for the first attempt it will never detect on the system. But after some time with lots of attempt it will get detected by the system and then the real issue starts actually the scene here is that when I check the memory details then no correct readings are shown to me so please help me in this one and let me know what I can do to solve this.

Re: The passport SE is not doing well

Have you checked that the Standby USB is disconnected (Power Management -> Allow the computer to turn off this device to save energy -> uncheck the box if it is checked)? Because if I am not mistaken then I think it just a small problem which is making you worry. And I hope that doing all these things will definitely help you to solve the issue. If, despite all that, it still does not work, you can try uninstalling the driver for your HDD, restart the PC, and if it works properly, it will reinstall itself.

I just did a test on another computer same problem, so this is a problem with this external hard drive and not with the computer and I guess the same thing is happening with you also and to fix the same you have to just try and replace the hard drive or try and repair it. I bought it 1 year ago and the back you really helped me to hard reset the drive so I want you to do the same thing which will later on help you to solve the issue where you can then see the contents of your disk.

Hello everyone,
    Following the crash of an HD two years ago, I bought a hard drive and that too of western digital 200 GB. It is equipped with a front interrupter-off. A green LED announces that all goes well, it is orange if everything goes wrong. I wanted to just plug it here, and unfortunately, the LED blinks orange-green-orange!. The engine of the HD seems to not start. Do you have an idea to help me out? I have backups of backup, but they are incomplete as all backups be, and a big thank you in advance for your advice.

For troubleshooting there are companies that make data retrieval rates but for a problem like you in HS engine which will cost you a bit. Otherwise you can buy torx turns vix (special screws on the HDD), a protective casing for the disc you put into it and you can remove to change the system by a faulty back to another disk that uses the same system engine like this after you have time to save everything. It's really risky because any dust to your disc can be really dead and no choice to go through a company specializing in data recovery clean room. That is, they will open your disk in a room devoid of any dust, replace defective parts of your disk and recover your data if your hard tops are not too damaged.